Author Topic: What a busy day.  (Read 1361 times)

digmore

• Half Acre
What a busy day.
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:45:06 »
Actually got a sweat on yesterday, beautiful, crisp sunny day plus a little hard graft.

Started off building a couple of raised bed using scaffolding planks, 8ftx3ftx27ins. Easy enough. ha! Started off with hand saw, nails and screws. When I came to screw the front planks on, the power drill packed up. I had forgotten how hard and long it takes to do a job without power tools. Drilled and screwed by hand.

Frame built, I filled up the boxes with surplus soil. Plank on a slope to box, ran barrow up and tip, saved shoveling. Must have took over 20 barrow loads.

That done, general tidy round and lunch break 12 - 1.

Moved over to another plot where a lady has just left due to personal circumstances. Lovely lady, not much of a grower by her own admission. Needed to do a complete plot strip. Felt like one of those Tv. shows where a crew comes in and strips a flat. The full works, broken glass, rotten timber, crops (last years). Bark, this is the funny bit, she had put black plastic down over a large area and then covered it with bark. As I was stood on the plastic sheeting I got a strange feeling (no, not that kind of feeling) lol. Sinking! double paced to side of sheet, managed to pull sheet back. There in the middle of the area is a bog, I approach it with caution and a long pole, it must have been about 18ins deep. Going back today to check it out, if it has not sorted its self out I will have to ring the council in case its a water pipe or something.

Started at 8.30 and finished at 4.00, Knackered, loved it. What a day.

Digmore.  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal