Author Topic: Hot date tomorrow  (Read 1866 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Hot date tomorrow
« on: March 10, 2014, 19:24:01 »
Council compost is coming to the allotment tomorrow, should be there early tomorrow for the wheelbarrow races.  Nice man reminded me to come tomorrow, so have a hot date, shame he is married.  So many nice people at my allotment, I am so lucky.  Shame Manuel has moved away as he always got me five barrow loads as he was young and fit. So much excitment for an old lady. (Only joking).

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Hot date tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:04 »
I love it.  I am sure this is one of the few places where you can post you excitement about manure/compost.

How nice to get it free.  I have to go and get it and pay £1 a bag.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 13:04:58 »
Got there just at the right time, the lorry arrived.  This load won't last long, bet it has all gone tomorrow.  Feel a bit sorry for the people that have to work and can't get up in the week.  Got my five wheelbarrows full so am happy now.  :blob7: :blob7:

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 13:27:53 »
That looks nice! wish we could get that, a farmer delivers us manure once a year and we pay the earth for it (20 euros a cubic metre this year! I wish I had a friend with a trailer bar as we have a pony club with lots of free waste good for mulching but I can't tow the site trailer with my car :-(   I have to go get a few bags full when I get the inclination, but hubby complains that they stink up the car!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal