Author Topic: Allotments to let in Leeds  (Read 2792 times)

carroteater

• Not So New ...
Allotments to let in Leeds
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:47:53 »
For my sins I am the secretary for an allotment site in Leeds (Horsforth). We currently have a half plot and a quarter plot avaliable with no waiting list. If you know anyone who may be interested in taking one of these plots they can contact 0759 141 0841.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Allotments to let in Leeds
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 17:58:33 »
No waiting list- that's amazing!

carroteater

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 13:48:26 »
Waiting list is up to 8 now as we have had a spring rush of people wanting allotments (maybe down to the Allotment challenge programme).

juju

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 21:49:45 »
I have just let the last plot out so we now have no waiting list. When we have our next monthly site meeting  and plot inspection we will discuss plots that are under performing and review potential new plots to be available to new plot members. Some people who never had an allotment plot when visiting us think its great to see well cultivated plots and weed free,but once they sign up and take a plot they then begin to realize its hard work. When I took my plot 8 years ago it was looked like a bramble jungle,twitch and marestail. Cost me £90 for a digger to dig out the bramble roots and turn the soil.
philsallotment.blogspot.co.uk
philscakes.co.uk.
Rosamond allotment site Leicestershire
A friend in need is a friend indeed

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal