General > Top Tips

Compost, Jacks Magic.

(1/2) > >>

digmore:
Hi everybody,

Just a quickie, I have been using Lexington's M3 compost topped off with John Innes soil based potting compost to set the seeds. Yesterday I was helping out in my in laws g/house. I got caught in transit, can you bring some potting compost, swift divert to the allotment shop, Jacks Magic £4.00 a bag, two bags plz.

Came to use it, it looks and feels superb. It did not need sieving at all. It has got sea weed fertilizer mixed in as standard which from past experience of mixing my own compost, is a Brucie bonus.

Anyone else had any experience of Jacks Magic.

Digmore.  :wave:

steve76:
I did see this at homebase today, now sad to say i didn't buy some as had never heard of it before,
(Avoid their own brand stuff its rubbish) so i brought westland it was 3 for £10 as of yet i never got to open it due to running around for the kids but mrs is around tomorrow so will get to use it then doing some pricking out.

squeezyjohn:
I did see some of this new Jack's Magic at our local garden centre and thought "funny, never seen that before!"

It didn't seem so much more expensive than any of the others so it might be worth a punt!

Cheers

Squeezy

lezelle:
Hi Ya, glad to hear that about Jack's Magic. I saw it advertised somewhere else and yesterday purchased 2 bags. I paid £6.99 for each 60lt bag. I see you only paid £4. What size bag may I ask? Happy gardening

digmore:
Hi lezelle,

I got same size as you, try shopping round but even at your price its not bad for the quality.

Not wanting to sound up myself, but the M3 commercial potting medium I have started using this season, costs me £6.99 a bag.

Digmore.  :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version