Author Topic: Seed Sharing Circle 2014?  (Read 100146 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Seed Sharing Circle 2014?
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2015, 14:25:55 »
Hmp...I'm not impressed with postie... :tongue2: Ever since they chanced to use those silly 'prams' to deliver their post, little bit of difficulty with weather and they cannot deliver. They never failed with good old bikes.
YEP...not post...nothing...nada...ei postia! And there is not even that much snow out there...couple of inches at most, but it is all VERY sloshy.

Oh well...another day, another delivery...I hope...

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2015, 14:31:15 »
Oh dear
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2015, 15:17:58 »
I've added a couple of packs of tubers which will need attention fairly soon. Only a very small amount in each pack though.

Tubers?? TUBERS? That's me bouncing up and down in my seat! And thinking I have to re-jig my plot plan again.

Postie didn't bring me anything. But I am making some sticky gingerbread for when he does. And possibly pouring a sloe port or two.

(Apologies, my seedaholism is of the excitable kind)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2015, 15:40:10 »
What are the tubers? I can't wait, but meanwhile a gigantic seed parcel has just arrived so I can't complain!

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2015, 15:46:15 »
Don't get too excited, they are nothing big and really just a minimal offering I'm afraid. They won't take up much space and probably better off in a pot or container.
Oooh yum gingerbread, lucky you.
Lol know what you mean!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 17:33:07 by Jayb »

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2015, 17:40:58 »
What are the tubers? I can't wait, but meanwhile a gigantic seed parcel has just arrived so I can't complain!

Sorry Robert I sent yours 2nd, hopefully with you tomorrow, though sounds like you have your hands full with the other parcel at the moment  :toothy10:

If you want to peek, the almost finished list is here http://seedsaverscircle.org/seed-circle/a4a-seed-saver-group-2014/

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2015, 19:26:08 »
Well I was wrong, mine arrived today. Lots of awesome stuff in there!

Looking forward to sorting through it. Thanks everyone!

pumkinlover

« Reply #387 on: January 22, 2015, 08:21:42 »
Well I was wrong, mine arrived today. Lots of awesome stuff in there!

Looking forward to sorting through it. Thanks everyone!

Mine might come today then!
Mind you they had to walk past end of my road to get to yours! Could have dropped it off at the same time  :tongue3:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #388 on: January 22, 2015, 09:13:15 »
Hopefully they will all arrive, I feel a bit guilty going through my collection when most of you are still waiting. But I'm loving everything, big thanks to everyone taking part it's awesome. Where to grow it all!!!  :icon_cheers: I particularly like the tomatoes, beans, peas, grains, squash  :blob7: I won't do varieties in case anyone's trying to keep it a secret still.

If not
If you want to peek, the almost finished list is here http://seedsaverscircle.org/seed-circle/a4a-seed-saver-group-2014/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #389 on: January 22, 2015, 12:05:16 »
IT IS HERE!!! :icon_cheers: :toothy10: Looovely, lovely...

I've just tipped the seeds on table and started looking through...chockies long forgotten, this is much more interesting..!
And what did I see first.....?!.....culinary dandelions!  :icon_cheers:...well, they are all edible what grow outside...but having a labelled 'variety' is BRILLIANT, now nobody can't complain that I grow weeds...oh no, these are special dandelion, purposely grown and lovingly cultivated for the table... :laughing7: Cheers for that.. :icon_thumleft:

Hmm...what else is there?....(I'll disappear for now and will come back in a bit)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2015, 12:36:38 »
Me again... :glasses9:

Isn't it 'funny'....one can snoop the list in advance and oogle all the wonderful seed varieties, but it doesn't really sink in and feel the same until you actually have the packets in your hand see the seeds :drunken_smilie:

I have to say that although circle's parcel is always REALLY good, this one has for some reason really 'hit my spot'...there is not a single seed packet that I would not fancy growing. I cannot sow them all in one year, so it will be tough job to start choosing later on what I grow first.

Some others 'bits' that jumped out the pile was....
-chufa's...I haven't grown them for few years and I doubt what I saved would grow anymore and last time bleeding vine weevils chomped   through all the best ones  :BangHead:
-chillie's!!!  :icon_cheers: I'll be sowing some today... :icon_cheers:...don't know where I'm going to plant them all but hey ho...I just have to sow more... :drunken_smilie:
-giant fennel....I've got self seeded fennel spreading like riot on allotment....but MORE is merrier!!!...and I don't have giant one..yet.. :tongue3: :icon_cheers:
-OOooh...and all the different squashes and pumpkins....lovely, must grow plenty of those...

AND.....AND.....AND....like I said, good parcel! Thank you for everybody :icon_thumleft:

Ruud....I haven't had chance to look for info yet, but what sort of tomato is SC2121?
Jayb...Special thank you for finding time and making effort to do this again....'KISS'!...BUT, you have been naughty girl!!! :nono:...didn't I say 'use the stamps for 'what ever'...and here I find them in my parcel!? Well..they will be very well travelled  unused stamps when I put them in use with next seed parcel.... :angel11:

So happy....and MUCH better than Christmas..!!!! :hello2:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:58:34 by goodlife »

Silverleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2015, 14:50:37 »
Chufas? I didn't get chufas!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2015, 15:38:22 »
?? :icon_scratch:
Do you want few from my envelope? I don't necessary need that many and can wait to get more when they grow...usually there is no shortage of tubers once they get growing.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2015, 17:38:21 »
Got it today, thanks. I'm particularly glad of the ulluco, I tried it last year and it did nothing. The slugs probably had it since it was well above the water table. Maybe it'll work better if I start it in pots.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2015, 17:56:53 »
I've had some experience of tree lupins, which were planted all over the china clay tips round where I used to live in Cornwall. It likes a poor sand or grit, and hates wet soil. It's not a very long lived shrub, so be prepared to replant every few years.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2015, 18:39:58 »
?? :icon_scratch:
Do you want few from my envelope? I don't necessary need that many and can wait to get more when they grow...usually there is no shortage of tubers once they get growing.

Thank you, that's very kind. I'd love a few if you're sure you can spare them?

Silverleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2015, 18:41:23 »
I've had some experience of tree lupins, which were planted all over the china clay tips round where I used to live in Cornwall. It likes a poor sand or grit, and hates wet soil. It's not a very long lived shrub, so be prepared to replant every few years.

Good job you said that, I was planning on putting a few in my borders but if they don't like wet soil they'll hate my clay. Mind you, it's usually hard and dry all summer... ;)

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2015, 23:09:45 »
It's landed!!

And it's amazing, thank you so, so much!

My head's spinning like goodlife's. What can I put where??? And i love seeing all the different styles of packaging. Pumpkinlover, are you an origami expert?

Some of these I have been after for a little while, others I cannot wait to try (new squash!! and chillies!!) and some I had never heard of (tubers, this means you!).

I am over the moon! If you'll let me play again, I cannot wait for next year. Though I will definitely need a second half-plot now...

PS love the new seed saving website and the genius logo.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2015, 23:34:48 »
It's landed!!

And it's amazing, thank you so, so much!

My head's spinning like goodlife's. What can I put where??? And i love seeing all the different styles of packaging. Pumpkinlover, are you an origami expert?

Some of these I have been after for a little while, others I cannot wait to try (new squash!! and chillies!!) and some I had never heard of (tubers, this means you!).

I am over the moon! If you'll let me play again, I cannot wait for next year. Though I will definitely need a second half-plot now...

PS love the new seed saving website and the genius logo.

:icon_cheers: AND she 'swallowed the hook and all'... :evil6: Nobody can't save you now...YOU ARE seedsaver! BWA-HA-HA (that's supposed to sound really wicked) :evil6:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 23:36:35 by goodlife »

pumkinlover

« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2015, 10:02:27 »
Mine arrived yesterday . Fantastic thanks to every one involved in contributing and especially to jayb. Why you should feel guilty for getting to look first! No way!  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal