Author Topic: autospade  (Read 16106 times)

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
autospade
« on: February 19, 2014, 18:48:07 »
yes it does do wot it says on the tin . best invention since sliced bread ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WezHc-107Dc
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: autospade
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 19:41:57 »
Does exactly what it shows on the video. A clever invention,but not a new one.
The Wolf Terrex spade was demonstrated to me on my visit to Wolf Garden Tools at Ross 0n -Wye circa 1972, and it had  been around in Germany for quite some time prior. Heavy tool, simple to operate but does not achieve the desirable rotation of the spit to bury trash that I personally prefer. Any available pre-owned examples do not generally evidence frequent useage, which may be significant!
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:55 »
Hi all, Just having a perusal now I am retired and have time due to the weather stopping me going to my plot and found the assisted gardening forum. Watched the link to utube about the back saver spade and remembered I bought one about 5 years ago and have never used it. It came complete with stainless steel spade and fork attachment. owing to my own restricted movement I will now give it a go when I drag from the depths of the shed were I think I put it. Also watching the utube has opened my world up and I will be ding some searching. Thanks

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 15:10:11 »
I have the wolf terrex version with the fork and spade and I use it for all my digging very quick and without any back and muscle ache.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 11:20:27 »
Does exactly what it shows on the video. A clever invention,but not a new one.
The Wolf Terrex spade was demonstrated to me on my visit to Wolf Garden Tools at Ross 0n -Wye circa 1972, and it had  been around in Germany for quite some time prior. Heavy tool, simple to operate but does not achieve the desirable rotation of the spit to bury trash that I personally prefer. Any available pre-owned examples do not generally evidence frequent useage, which may be significant!
Well, doesn't time fly!
Now have almost no use for my spade, well for horticultural activities ...
As this will be my fifth autumn with no-dig, I enjoy lightly spreading 40mm of well rotted and leave to over-winter. The green cover crop mustard has now been frosted, strimmed and covered with a silage cover (recycled). Almost no weeds, no trash, no surface stones, will be ready to 'kick -off' in February (Shallots). What can I do for 'fun'?
Revised content
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal