Author Topic: Wickes have cheap buckets question  (Read 1953 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Wickes have cheap buckets question
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:12:27 »
Wickes have black plastic buckets for £1 I am going to get some more for my rhubarb but the question is how do you stop someone pinching them.  Lost two in the past. 

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
Re: Wickes have cheap buckets question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:22:01 »
Buy a little pot of paint while you're there and paint your plot number all over them in a BIG font.

Then weigh 'em down with bricks.

Daleks are good for forcing rhubarb.  This time of year, their contents have shrunk and you can often fork 2 into a third and thereby free them up for the job.  When the rhubarb leaves reach the top of the bin, you can take the lid off so they get some light with the stems still in the dark.  Thereby extending the cropping period a bit.

Somebody on here said they froze some rhubarb and how nice it was to eat in winter - what a great reminder.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:38:19 »
B&Q also have £1 buckets, I bought a load for the peppers ect that I grow in containers.

One point, different batches of the buckets seem to be made with different plastics, some are soft and easy to drill and others are quite hard and brittle so check before you buy.

As for losing them, do what Ellen says.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 21:45:26 »
Many thanks I will be out with the paint the dareks need it too.  might also take the handle off

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal