Author Topic: shallow plastic greenhouse ?  (Read 1925 times)

mentallot

• Half Acre
shallow plastic greenhouse ?
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:23 »
Last couple of years I've had two cheapo plastic sleeve "greenhouses" on a patio wall (East facing I think)

The wind has shredded then, and am thinking of replacing with something slightly more substantial - saw an ad in one of the weekend papers a couple of weeks back for 6 ft wide polycarb for £135 or so, but can't find anything similar (except halls for 300, don't think so)

* update - what I saw was green with a V roof

Any ideas where to look ?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:30:22 by mentallot »

Paul.and.Lynda

• Not So New ...
    • Growing Stuff in Widnes
Re: shallow plastic greenhouse ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 11:19:58 »
You could try www.Argos.co.uk as they have some on there website.
Alternatively ebay or Amazon as well as B&Q and Wickes.

Paul

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:32:42 »
you can replace the plastic covers for about £9.99 and I am in the same boat the wind has completely shredded my plastic greenhouses too. I find the frames are okay for a few years as long as you don't try to dismantle them - the plastic gets brittle in the sun and snaps and the poles get rusted into the plastic.

I have had one lightweight greenhouse for about 7 years this will be it's third cover and once it has finally gone I will recycle the poles on the allotments so it may be disposable but I will get A lot of life from it..

Nora
Norf London

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 14:19:51 »
There are a few choices. This is cheap and will proabably fall apart in a year or so but new covers are available - there are loads of these on ebay from various people.
These are a step up but not so cheap - I would get one of these next time..
Gardman do a range of plastic tunnel type things (PDF) - I have one but once again the covers dont last
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal