Author Topic: Cod & Prawn Chorizo Frittata  (Read 2062 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Cod & Prawn Chorizo Frittata
« on: January 21, 2014, 18:49:54 »
We all Luv a 1 pan meal as it makes cooking easy,so this fish Frittata
is ideal to serve a hungry hord of 3 or 4 for supper.

INGREDIENTS

Cod Fillets (or other fish fillets of your choice)
Raw Prawns
100g piece of Chorizo chopped small
1lb firm potatoes peeled and halved
1 white Onion chopped small
Chopped Mushrooms
1 Red Pepper chopped small
2 cloves Garlic Chopped small
5 Fresh Eggs beaten
Cooking oil
Butter
handful of Fresh Parsley chopped fine
Grated Cheddar Cheese
salt & Pepper

Par Boil or Steam the Potatoes and once cooled through slice them,steam the cod fillets and Raw Prawns till just cooked and once cooled,Flake the fillets up and chop the prawns into bitesize pieces.

Soften the Onions,Mushrooms, Peppers and Garlic in some oil in a  medium sized frying pan,once just cooked set aside.

Using the same pan heat some oil and a thingy of butter,now add the Chorizo and Potato slices and cook till they are slightly crisp on the outside.

After adding the fried Onions,Peppers,Mushrooms to the pan you can Top with the Flakes of fish and prawns............season well.

Now pour the beaten eggs and chopped parsley into the pan, using a spatula move the pan contents around so the egg mixture can cook easier
if necessary after 2 minutes lift the frittata so that any remaining egg mixture can ooooze onto the pan bottom to cook through.

Place the lid on the pan and leave to fry on a medium heat for a further 3 minutes or until the contents are almost setting.

Heat a Grill to high and sprinkle the grated cheese onto the frying pan contents and put under the Grill,any remaining egg mixture on Top should be cooked through in 2 to 3 minutes...or until Golden in colour......if necessary pierce the Frittata with a knife to make sure its cooked right the way through.

Once cooked,slide the Frittata out onto a large serving plate.

Cut some Hot Tasty slices onto your plate and serve with a mixed salad.

""Cod & Prawn Chorizo Frittata""

Enjoy

Gazza

small

• Hectare
Re: Cod & Prawn Chorizo Frittata
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 22:31:22 »
Thanks, Gazza, that looks wonderful - I've never made a frittata, that's encouraged me to try, I do like all-in-one meals.

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Cod & Prawn Chorizo Frittata
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:01:37 »
yer,I really enjoy the Frittata....Ok,I don't eat too many as a Diabolic but the odd one wont hurt and there so versatile as although
ive added fish to this recipe,I also enjoy making them when I have left over veggies and bits of cold chicken to add into the egg mix.

Yet I HATE bubble and squeak as my mum rammed it into me as a kid and I never looked forward to Monday nights in our home
as I knew what was coming........YUK  !!!!!!!!!!

Really though this is a continental version of Bubble, just called Frittata,and yet I thoroughly enjoy scoffing a slice of this,i know the Spanish eat it cold as well hense I make a cheese,Tomato Peppers and potato one that lasts a few days in the fridge and is a popular
lunch time munch in Judes dinner box that I make her each morning....its so funny,shes in the shower and im lobbing in lunchtime treats in her box and I cover it in kitchen paper so shes doesn't know what shes got till she opens it........

Im strange like that but we have to keep the Troops fed and watered.

ppssssst  tween you and me I normally use a much smaller pan as you can make the Frittata thicker with more potato
in it but Ive packed 99% of our kitchenware for the move so couldn't bloomin well find one...... :BangHead:

Gazza

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal