Author Topic: A quick Hi!  (Read 2085 times)

mrgrower

A quick Hi!
« on: January 13, 2014, 18:59:44 »
Just a quick hi!

Came upon this site from another. Have had an allotment for just under a year. 1st year was a total waste due to poor soil pests above and below soil and inexperience  :tongue3:

This year i'm hoping for far better results I got my seed catalogue and hoping for decent weather over the next few months. However if the rainy start in the Manchester area is anything to go by I wont hold my breath.

I bought a large polytunnel  last year and am not impressed as the cover has already started to break down so am thinking of covering it with decent plastic I got from first tunnels.

I also inherited a greenhouse which has already seen the panes blown out :BangHead: but hey these aint complaints just observations.

Fingers crossed for a far more productive year 2014

If nothing else it gets me out the house when i'm not in work and helps to keep me as fit as possible with maybe the odd titbit at the end.

Regards Mr G
Veg glorious veg

pumkinlover

Re: A quick Hi!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 20:01:35 »
Welcome to the site mrgrower, fingers crossed we all have a great gardening year

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 21:22:54 »
Hiya, mrgrower, welcome to a4a  :happy7:
Well, it's going to get better this year, happy growing  :wave:

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 21:49:38 »
Hello and welcome!

The weather was a bit difficult last year.  Here's hoping for a really good 2014!

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 22:01:52 »
Welcome Mr. G... you got through the first year with a few trials and tribulations so the worst is over..  :happy7: :happy7: Good luck with the new season.
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal