Author Topic: MUM dives off kerb  (Read 7000 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
MUM dives off kerb
« on: December 31, 2013, 17:57:21 »
So there we are all boxed up in both homes 3rd week of Jan is the latest moving week so Jude and I are running round after mum to make sure all is well...as they say....and begger me if she didn't have us spending the day in the A+E all day yesterday after slipping off the kerb on her way home from buying a papper....of which we,d already brought one ....but oh no....out she goes in the wet and next thing going shoulder first off the path into the road,we are grateful to the 2 fellers walking their dogs who managed to get her home
albeit they should have left her there and phoned 999 it was pishhing down so they did what they thought best.....so 08.30Am were now rushing round to mums.....the 999 crew were soon there and suggested blues and twos all the way to the hospital as she was in severe pain......xray.....you guessed it.....shoulder cusp broken in 3 places so shes now in the local hospital for 4 to 6 weeks as they want to do a CT scan and check if she needs an op to repair it or if it can be left to a home heal....weve visited today and she feels better although the shoulder is causing her pain which is to be expected.......so ho hum .....I guess unless she makes a magical recovery we,ll be loading her house and shell end up being transferred from the local Hospital to the Dorset hospital when we move......could have bloomin done without it and she feels a fool or going out....still there you are...whats done is done....thankfully our new home has wide aisles so we can manoeuvre her around while shes rehabbing....etc.

Please Oh Lord let this be a one off ....... :BangHead:

Happy NEW year........well.......sort of.

Gazza

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: MUM dives off kerb
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 18:38:53 »
Blimey, sounds like quite an upset, still sounds like it all worked out OKish with no lasting damage.

Wishing you the best for the new year :)

Dan

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 19:59:18 »
 Wishing your mum all the very best & you both as well.

Hope everything works out alright for you all.
      HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR NEW HOME.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 20:13:45 »
Hope she makes a speedy recovery Gazza!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 20:59:17 »
Poor Mum - I'm sure she didn't have to be that drastic to get out of moving day! Hope she mends quickly with no lasting damage  xx

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 21:01:02 »
Oh Gazza poor Mum and poor you and Jude. Hopefully when she's fine again and you're all settled in Dorset you'll look back and laugh. Happy New Year xx
sanity is overated

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:21:06 »
Poor Mum and the two of you. Wishing her a very speedy recovery and hope she won't be in hospital very long.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:34:42 »
Just what you didn't need right now!!!  Hope she is recovering and not in pain.

There goes a heartfelt 'may your 2014 be happy and healthy!'.  Hope the stress of the move stays manageable and your new home will be a haven of peace and tranquillity for all of you.

And thank you for your New Year's Wishes too.   :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 11:33:14 »
So sorry to hear about your Mum's fall and wish her a very speedy recovery. I hope they have now been able to manage her pain in the hospital. 

It's going to mean a lot of extra work for you and Jude with the forthcoming move, especially with two houses to clear.  I hope you have other relatives that can lend a hand to make things easier for you both.

Wishing you and Jude a very happy new year with good health and a super growing season when you are finally settled in the lovely county of Dorset. 

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 16:06:26 »
What a disaster.  :BangHead:

I expect that the thought of move is making her nervous as well.   

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:37:58 »
Yer ,thanks all,shes ok,in pain but with the nurses help and meds shes already got colour back in her cheeks and were sitting with her talking about the move instead of "OOOOOOOOOOOOPS,I slipped",so alls good.
OK,shes got to have a CT scan on the 6th to establish whether any Op is required....still she has her own room,TV,and a steady supply of Christmas goodies that weve supplied each day,so she may be having discomfort but it hasn't slowed her sweet tooth.

Anyway,Judes 55th Birthday today ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HEART  XXX ....today so were off out shopping in a mo to buy her a Birthday Coat....and what ever else floats her boat.
Then its a meal and the Hobbit in 3D...so that should see us goggle eyed by 8pm.

Hope all well with you folks.

Regards,and appreciate the kind words....x

Gazza

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:05 »
Happy Birthday Jude!  Have a really lovely day.

I am so pleased your Mum is looking and feeling better, Gazza.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:52:48 »
 :occasion13:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jude xx
sanity is overated

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 13:15:24 »
Heavens Gazz!Hope that your mum is feeling better - the others are right, is there a relative or friend that can give a hand with the move as you are a man down now? 
Let's hope the rest of the New Year is an improvement!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 16:02:13 »
Mum would have only stood there supervising anyway,as to be honest itsa bit of a blessing in a strange way as I had planned to
drop mum to a friend in the New Forest the day before we move.....now I have not gotta worry over mum being trampled in the stampede from 2 homes......as to manpower we have 4 fellers and their boss from the moving company doing all the lugging + Judes 2 strapping 20 something nephews will be on hand to scurry around and help out,

Funnily enough we rang the estate agents today to verify that none of the 7 fams in the chain have had any "water damage" issues after the recent floods,,,,,im just pleased we have not had any negative phone calls telling us the move is on hold due to that problem..................pheeeeeew     :icon_cheers:

oh.............and.........

im sitting here larfing now as the local Gull populace flies past to settle on the local resevoirs for the nite.

Guilty admission here............it reminded me of......

Judy and I arrived at mums house New Years Eve and as I parked in the drive way jude said,"Can you hear that Gaz,we both looked up
in the fading light looking for a flock of Geese as there surely must have been a huge flock "Honking" as they flew over.....well we looked every which way......for around a minute.........the sound was getting closer and still we looked...!!!!!!!!!
were they coming into land we thought as the sound seemed lower now............errrrr....there is a crossroads 2 houses up from mums and around the corner came a family of...................you guessed it..........3 young children blowing South African Vuvuzela Horns
...........Oh gord,talk about sheepish,,,,,,,we both scuttled into mums bungalow realising that @ 53 and 54 were on that slippery slope
of mentalily that's sez....."Poor Ol sods".... :BangHead:

Gazza

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 16:27:48 »
Glad to hear your mum is not in too much pain and being well cared for.  Presume she might get moved from a single room once they are sure she is not infected with anything.   

I hope the move going smoothly.   Make sure you can find the kettle and the garibaldi biscuits and make sure the removers know where they are going. 

Almost every time I have moved I have had to clean the house I was moving to and well and the one I was leaving.   

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 18:13:47 »
Happy Birthday, Jude!

Thanks for the update Gazza.  It's a shame your mum has to spend time in hospital, good to hear she got over the initial shock.  Hope the scan will give a definite answer one way or another and she can move to her new home very soon.  Enjoy the birthday evening, both.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 18:17:02 by galina »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal