Author Topic: Wild Garlic & Parmesan Scrambled Eggs  (Read 3057 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Wild Garlic & Parmesan Scrambled Eggs
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:12:51 »
Ingredients

Find yourself a Cosy BB @ Lulworth Cove Dorset on a dreary saturday afternoon.

Add a Sunday mornings worth of torrential driving rain.

walk for an hour from Tyneham Village Down to Worbarrow Bay making sure you get thoroughly soaked but pick plenty of Wild Garlic on route.

Find yourself a snug spot in the pub to dry out.

Complain to the Bar staff that the fires down to its last embers,then stand back as kitchen staff add 2 lts of used chip fat and retire to safe distance.

Wash Wild Garlic thoroughly

Keep Flowers as they are tasty in salads

Assemble Ingredients

Brekky for 1
French stick toasted
4 fresh eggs
2 tbsp Fresh Wild Garlic
1 large thingy of butter
Parmesan Cheese Shavings(plus more for grating)
salt&pepper

Cook scrambled eggs to your liking at last minute add crumbled parmesan cheese,Wild Garlic and season well,stir together adding a last second thingy of butter and serve on toasted bread sticks.

Grate more parmesan if desired and add more Garlic leaves and flowers.

Enjoy

Gazza

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Wild Garlic & Parmesan Scrambled Eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:23 »
Yum and well deserved brekkie after getting soaked.  Did you really use four eggs per person, guess that was for two.

Collecting food from the 'wild' - thanks for excellent pictures of wild garlic..... have never seen wild garlic, but would recognise it easioy from your pictures.  Does it smell garlicky?  The leaves are very different shape from ordinary garlic and the flowers are pretty.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:26:18 »
As you know Galina we have my mum stopping with us at the mo,but she stayed here while we did a quick weekend to Dorset.
Wild Garlic is prevelent in damp forrested areas and the army ranges at Tyneham are full of the stuff.

When you walk into the forest the air is filled with the pungency from the Garlic,it carpets the forest floor and
is easily recognisable,you can pick...eat ...and walk on...but I like to wash it properly.
I blanch it quickly then put it in ice water to retain its vibrant colour.

The leaves are about 40%  the intensity of Normal Garlic cloves (according to my tastebuds)but I do eat the flowers whole in salads and they are a lovely little kick of Garlic on their own.

and NO..........the brekky was shared tween mum and I  !!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Gazza

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 22:08:54 »
Going to check out a few possible homes in Dorset in a couple of weeks,I hope Tyneham Village pathways are going to be adorned in Wild Garlic this year as its gotta be my fav brekky/lunch scramble...... :blob7:

Gazza

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:01:04 »
Well,after a full day in Guernsey yesterday,it's about time I resurrected this recipe as I was lucky enough to drive down lots of tree canopied damp roads that had Wild Garlic in abundance.
So,guess what's for late brunch today,... :blob7:

Really looking forward to it....as it's been a while since I made it.

Gazza

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:20:57 »
Oh yes - here the three cornered leek is in full flower too (same sort of flowers).  Been using it for a few weeks now for the same purpose.  Sadly we don't have those wild garlic verges locally,

Enjoy Guernsey - is it a fishing trip?

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 17:16:05 »
We had a lovely day on Guernsey Galina,I hadn't been there since 1972 as a 12 year old in the scouts and wanted to enjoy it  with Judy thru adult eyes,and we did just that.
Some beautiful bays all around the island,and some equally stunning cliff top walks to be had,we've even now thought about having a week over there on a walking holiday some time soon.
Herm and Sark Islands also look worth a visit.
Oh and yes,I did intend on having a quick dabble with rod and line but the day just didn't pan out that way,maybe another time.

Gazza

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal