General > Top Tips

Best tip of the year.

(1/3) > >>

digmore:
Treat yourself, The Victoria Kitchen Garden, 2dvd set by the BBC with the late Harry Dodson, £15.00 approx. from Amazon.

Superb, a no nonsense history and practical application of veg and flower gardening. Everybody who has or wants an allotment should watch and study these dvds.

Digmore.

Ps. Buy now and start your growing plan in conjunction with Harry, it does work. :wave:

Melbourne12:
Thanks, Digmore.  That looks superb - I've just ordered it!

pumkinlover:
I've treated myself as well but to the Kitchen garden/ flower garden and kitchen combined. Thanks digmore, only ordered it last night and it's been dispatched by those poor Amazon workers  :disgust:
Did order through this site though to redeem myself a little.

Jayb:
Great tip  :happy7: and after reading this post http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,76976.msg782502.html#msg782502 I treated myself to the combined set too, just before Christmas, though it was cheaper then. I've not watched it all yet, I'm up to mid summer and have to say it's really interesting. I've ordered a second hand Victorian Kitchen Garden book too!

Melbourne12:
You've obviously started something, Digmore!

We ordered the combined set, too.  It arrived this morning, and we've just watched the first Kitchen Garden episode.  Absolutely riveting, both for the history and the sheer practicality of the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version