The Show > Sunflowers

a4all sunflower competition?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mrs Ava:
Tallest really, but you know, beauty or unusual gets lots of votes too!  KenKew won last year.  I shall start a new sowing thread.  ;D

supernan:
 ;) I have my granddaughter this week, so we will be planting. I bought a job lot of seeds from ebay and we have 5 different varieties to grow. Sunspot, a dwaf one, Prado Red and Taiyo, the instructions are in French on these two, Autum Beauty and Tall Single. So we should have some fun and next years self sowns should be interesting.

I leave all my seed heads on for the birds 'n' mice. That way you get some self sown coming up next year!

8) Hers hoping for the sun!

waggi:
i put my sunflower seeds in

thought id give them a cracking start im my plastic greenhouse (also known as kite)

so now sunflowers could grow anywhere - ie in with cabbage  ;D

kenkew:
I mentioned last year that it might be an idea to run a slightly different theme this year.
What about the largest flower-head or the most blooms on a single plant? This might make it easier for more people to have a go.
Maybe even go for more than one comp? Height, flower size AND amount of blooms. If you know you're going to miss out on one, then right up to the last moment there's still a chance to win one of the others.

Doris_Pinks:
Good idea Ken!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version