Author Topic: Frogs - friends?  (Read 5651 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Frogs - friends?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 11:30:04 »
I had frogs last year, remember how hot it got? I had a bucket with manure/water and I found one quite happily cooling off in there. The 3 I had on the plot did a good job, one of them climbed halfway up my French runners. This year I intend to keep my little home-made pool full of water. I've surrounded it with twigs and things to keep the herons off and when the rhubarb grows it should cover about half of it.
(Must make a direction sign for new frogs.)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 10:16:54 »
I wonder if Belgian frogs read English.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 17:38:31 »
Hahahaha  Ken!  ;D  ;D  ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 12:57:38 »
Ken - it'd be well worth you planting a few plants around the edges of the pond to provide frogs with a bit of shade and somewhere to hide. and possibly get some small waterplants (if you want something edible - put some watercress it - it doesn't need still water - grows really well in my pond and keeps the algae away).

Harriet - try asking friends, neighbours, colleagues, etc. Never take spawn from the wild. I dug my pond last year, a bit late for breeding season, but this year have a load of toad spawn already. I'm very proud! (whereabouts in London are you? I live near London)
gone to pot :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal