Author Topic: Meet Winston and William.  (Read 6058 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Meet Winston and William.
« on: December 02, 2013, 13:20:59 »
Meet Winston and William who have joined our family.  They are now 4 months old and have now been with us for just over 5 weeks.  They get up to all kinds of mischief but are very lovable. 

We bought them from the Cats Protection League.  Their mother was thrown out when she became pregnant so the kittens were said to be feral.  They certainly were wild and frightened when we first had them but they have settled down well now and both purr loudly when picked up.  They also come running if I call "Boys".  I haven't let them out yet though as there are a lot of buzzards and other raptors around where we live. 

Winston is the one with the white spot on his nose.  Typical boys; always fighting or chasing each other, but the next minute they will be cuddled up to each other, fast asleep.

Sweet William.  It looks as though butter wouldn't melt in his mouth but he can give as good as he gets despite being smaller than Winston.   

Winston is much bigger than William but cries when they have a fight.  He often instigates it though so it cannot be that painful for him! 

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: Meet Winston and William.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 14:53:41 »
They are adorable - just like my two were this time last year, I hope you will have as much fun as I am having.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 15:48:49 »
AWWWWWWWW! They look so sweet...and still so innocent..but I suspect not for long... :toothy10:
Winston has very cheeky look about in him...it is in his eyes.. :icon_cheers:

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 16:11:13 »
William and Winston are beautiful, two lucky little boys me thinks :happy7:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 18:15:04 »
Lovely pictures, they look so adorable  :drunken_smilie:
And yes as if butter wouldn't melt!!!!!!  :toothy10:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

rugbypost

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 19:02:55 »
Nice to see these 2 young chaps have found a lovely home lost our cat 3 years now would love a new kitten but would worry now if anything should happen to us . So will feed the strays and still have a laugh as they hide  by the bird table thinking no one can see them .
m j gravell

gertie50

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:31 »
Beautiful boys  :happy7:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:05 »
Pauline, they are adorable!  Thank you for rescuing them and giving them such a good home.  Please give them a pat from me too.   :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:40 »
Thank you for your kind replies.

The boys have grown up a little bit now and only occasionally (about once a day), do they climb the curtains or tear at the wallpaper.  :hmh: They then get shut out of the lounge until they have calmed down.

OH only finished decorating the lounge this summer and we bought quite expensive curtains. The wallpaper is Beadboard Walldoctor as our walls are not very smooth.  We have just bought another two rolls to replace the bad areas in due course.  We will also paint over it eventually as we have noticed that the cats never claw the textured wallpaper in the dining room and that has emulsion paint on top.

We paid over £800 for the curtains as I thought they would see us out!  The only thing I can do is try to thread any loose strands back into the curtains.     

Winston has just come into the room to see me.  He said hello in cat talk and came onto my lap for a cuddle and kiss, pushing his head under my chin.  William is also here now and purring loudly.  He wants to be fussed as well.  :love4: Despite the damage done, I am so pleased that we have them.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:03:44 by Paulines7 »

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 13:14:15 »
Missed this till today  :thumbsup: for rescuing!
Lovely puddy cats! Sorry about the damage

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 19:21:25 »
Kittens will be kitten, beware of the net curtains, and the curtain pole on your head.  Bless the little darlings.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 00:08:56 »
Kittens will be kitten, beware of the net curtains, and the curtain pole on your head.  Bless the little darlings.

I hate net curtains and have done so since I was a child.  I therefore don't have any nets in my house, I am pleased to say.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal