General > Pets Corner

she wants a cuddly dog

(1/8) > >>

ACE:
I already have a hound a cocker/king Charles cross who is now my constant mate. Little dog but a big character. He is not a lap dog and is more at home rooting through the brambles than sitting indoors being petted. Now she has worn me down over the months with constant pestering and remarks on getting him a little mate. But not one that will ramble along with me when I'm out, one she can call her own. The latest pictures and hints left on my computer is a cavalier/shtiz Tzu cross. I suppose you would call it a king shitalier, well I would anyway. This dog will more than likely be trained up as a petting dog and will go to work with her when she visits her clients she has as a alzheimers adviser

Has anybody ever owned one? does the hair drop everywhere?. I am not worried about traits as good training will sort them out. This ain't going to be an xmas pressie but it will guarantee me a big pressie if I go along with it.

pumkinlover:
Can I give a little plug for considering a rescue dog?

caroline7758:
I presume you're aware of the health problems related to cavaliers? My M-I-L has spent thousands on vet bills for hers. But I think a cross-breed may have fewer problems. She also has a cavachon (Ithink- cavalier and Bichon frise cross) which appears to be very healthy.

http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/cavalier-health

ACE:

--- Quote from: caroline7758 on November 30, 2013, 14:24:16 ---I presume you're aware of the health problems related to cavaliers? My M-I-L has spent thousands on vet bills for hers. But I think a cross-breed may have fewer problems. She also has a cavachon (Ithink- cavalier and Bichon frise cross) which appears to be very healthy.

http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/cavalier-health

--- End quote ---

Cross breeding has proved to give a healthier animal. My cavalier/cocker is very fit and healthy with non of the usual ailments  associated with a pure bred cavalier.

--- Quote from: pumpkinlover on November 30, 2013, 14:00:07 ---Can I give a little plug for considering a rescue dog?

--- End quote ---

Love to, but too many small children in the house most weekends to take the risk.

ACE:
Blimey what happened! During the day I looked at the add she had left on my computer of a puppy she wanted me to see. I noticed the date was a couple of months out of date, but I texted the number anyway and was told the pups had gone.

Picture this, There I was sat in the armchair when a whiskey arrived at my right hand with no bidding?

YIPK  did you see the picture of the puppies I left you.

ME     yep. (watching the news on telly)

YIPK    did you like them

ME      yep (still watching news)

Ashtray and cigar arrived  still with no bidding

YIPK    did you really like them

ME       yep  (weather has just come on)

YIPK     does that mean I can have one

ME       yep   (cold but dry)

YIPK   whoo hoo can I phone them

ME       yep ( bloody strictly music starts up)

YIPK     hello have you still got the puppys for sale, Good can I come and see them

ME       cigar ash and spilt whiskey down the front of my jumper and I drop the telly remote

ME       ah but, ay but, oh but, I thought they would be popular and all be gone by now

YIPK    oh yes, these are different ones but the same colour and breed

I think I have been well and truly stitched up, but I do have until tomorrow to try and get her to change her mind. But seing she went and got a new dog bed, collar, lead and puppy food that had been stashed her car boot, I might have my work cut out.

Don't worry it will still be made welcome but she will have to put up with me learning to play the fiddle as I am sure I will get one for xmas this year even though I have been getting the evil eye every time I drop a hint.

PS managed to get the telly turned off in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version