Author Topic: she wants a cuddly dog  (Read 14187 times)

ACE

• Hectare
she wants a cuddly dog
« on: November 30, 2013, 13:03:33 »
I already have a hound a cocker/king Charles cross who is now my constant mate. Little dog but a big character. He is not a lap dog and is more at home rooting through the brambles than sitting indoors being petted. Now she has worn me down over the months with constant pestering and remarks on getting him a little mate. But not one that will ramble along with me when I'm out, one she can call her own. The latest pictures and hints left on my computer is a cavalier/shtiz Tzu cross. I suppose you would call it a king shitalier, well I would anyway. This dog will more than likely be trained up as a petting dog and will go to work with her when she visits her clients she has as a alzheimers adviser

Has anybody ever owned one? does the hair drop everywhere?. I am not worried about traits as good training will sort them out. This ain't going to be an xmas pressie but it will guarantee me a big pressie if I go along with it.

pumkinlover

Re: she wants a cuddly dog
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 14:00:07 »
Can I give a little plug for considering a rescue dog?

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 14:24:16 »
I presume you're aware of the health problems related to cavaliers? My M-I-L has spent thousands on vet bills for hers. But I think a cross-breed may have fewer problems. She also has a cavachon (Ithink- cavalier and Bichon frise cross) which appears to be very healthy.

http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/cavalier-health

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 15:47:21 »
I presume you're aware of the health problems related to cavaliers? My M-I-L has spent thousands on vet bills for hers. But I think a cross-breed may have fewer problems. She also has a cavachon (Ithink- cavalier and Bichon frise cross) which appears to be very healthy.

http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/cavalier-health

Cross breeding has proved to give a healthier animal. My cavalier/cocker is very fit and healthy with non of the usual ailments  associated with a pure bred cavalier.

Love to, but too many small children in the house most weekends to take the risk.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 20:46:51 »
Blimey what happened! During the day I looked at the add she had left on my computer of a puppy she wanted me to see. I noticed the date was a couple of months out of date, but I texted the number anyway and was told the pups had gone.

Picture this, There I was sat in the armchair when a whiskey arrived at my right hand with no bidding?

YIPK  did you see the picture of the puppies I left you.

ME     yep. (watching the news on telly)

YIPK    did you like them

ME      yep (still watching news)

Ashtray and cigar arrived  still with no bidding

YIPK    did you really like them

ME       yep  (weather has just come on)

YIPK     does that mean I can have one

ME       yep   (cold but dry)

YIPK   whoo hoo can I phone them

ME       yep ( bloody strictly music starts up)

YIPK     hello have you still got the puppys for sale, Good can I come and see them

ME       cigar ash and spilt whiskey down the front of my jumper and I drop the telly remote

ME       ah but, ay but, oh but, I thought they would be popular and all be gone by now

YIPK    oh yes, these are different ones but the same colour and breed

I think I have been well and truly stitched up, but I do have until tomorrow to try and get her to change her mind. But seing she went and got a new dog bed, collar, lead and puppy food that had been stashed her car boot, I might have my work cut out.

Don't worry it will still be made welcome but she will have to put up with me learning to play the fiddle as I am sure I will get one for xmas this year even though I have been getting the evil eye every time I drop a hint.

PS managed to get the telly turned off in time.

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:21:55 »
Look forward to seeing your new puppy :icon_cheers:

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 12:41:11 »
Have you really learned nothing about women & their clever little ways yet????
Looking forward to tales (& piccies) of puppy.

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 13:56:51 »

I second that.There are so many dogs available for rescue. Not just older dogs although there are many of those needing homes, but puppies too.

So many breeds too....you could be spoilt for choice.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 14:35:40 »
I am not sure what is worse the puppy or the fiddle.  :tongue3:

Perhaps she will be enjoying lots of long walks with the puppy while you scratch away.

Listening to someone learning to play the violin is not fun, at best the same pieces of music over and over and at worst the European Whine Lake.   I was lucky my daughter did the 1st years course in 6 weeks, I can only cringe at the thought of it actually taking a whole year.   

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 18:09:12 »
She must have got up this morning at sparrow fart and on a ferry before I even woke up. The poor family who were selling the pup even got a rude awakening. Somehow overnight this cavalierxshiz Tzu has morthed into a bishonxcavalier. Anyway meet Sasha

Chumley had to come out for a walk with me while the lit'lun was smuggled in and put in the dog crate. Chumley came in and was left to find her on his own. Both tails wagging and then out in the garden for a little romp. Both getting along famously but the lit'lun needs a bit more sleep so Chumley has lost interest and is out in the garden burying his precious bone.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 18:54:58 »
Looks just like my MIL's dog- she has a lovely temperament and is quite a character- I'm sure you'll come round, Ace!

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 20:17:45 »
Looks just like my MIL's dog- she has a lovely temperament and is quite a character- I'm sure you'll come round, Ace!

Oh I think he already has!! :happy7:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 22:05:07 »
AAAh.  Its lovely.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 10:09:38 »
What a beauty!  I am sure you and Mrs Ace will have lots of fun with her and your other dog.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:00 »
Ah...that didn't take long to 'arrange' then :icon_cheers:
Looooovely...and looking so innocent too. It won't take long before Chumley gets the newcomer trained up.. :tongue3:..I hope there is plenty of good things to learn.

That puppy looks very much like our neighbours dog that is Jack Russell X Chitz Chu = Jack Chitz  :icon_cheers:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 22:25:30 »
All went well today. I thought Chumley might be a bit miffed at having to share his turf with another dog but apart from a warning when she tried to get one of his puzzle treat toys, not too bad. Sasha has been well trained for the toilet and goes out the back door which I had to leave open all day. Chumley kept an eye on her in the garden and all I had to do was whistle him in and she followed. Although a bath was needed as the underneath of my motor is not compatible with a white dog. The drive is now been temporary fenced

A few antics  when it became time for a nap, big bed, little bed you can guess which way it turned out.

Then it was come on move over make room for a little one.

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 07:46:32 »
LOL!!!

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 08:42:56 »
How old is she Ace?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 11:00:21 »
How old is she Ace?

Just coming up to eleven weeks. Vet today to check her, chip her, and all the proper injections. Chumley could also do with his nails clipping and a quick checkover.

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 14:56:59 »
Hope all goes well at the vets today.

Couldn't believe your post when I saw her as I had just been looking online for a Cavachon puppy.  There are many for sale but don't know what ads to believe.  I would hate to encourage puppy farming and they mainly all sound genuine, so a hard find for me to do the right thing and not get caught and encourage these awful people.

I am a great believer of rescue dogs, as my last one was, but for some reason I think my age is against me this time to get a puppy and it's a puppy I really want.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal