Author Topic: Got it !!  (Read 2764 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Got it !!
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:30:07 »
Just been offered an allotment after nearly 3 years wait !
I walked down and took a look at it this morning and its lovelly, not too big, not too over grown, it has no shed but I can work with that.
Just filled in my acceptance form and will post it today.
 :blob7:
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Got it !!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:12 »
Congratulations!  Such good news.  Glad it is in reasonable condition and not too much work to get started.

Any interesting peas planned for next year?   :wave:

Paul.and.Lynda

• Not So New ...
    • Growing Stuff in Widnes
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:03 »
Congratulations Mortality,
We waited nearly 3 years for ours and got it 5 weeks ago.
It was badly overgrown and we have been told it has not been worked properly for over 4 years.
Heavy digging and manuring needed to get it ready for Spring.
Good luck and hope you have lots of fun on your plot  :toothy10:

Paul

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 16:15:15 »
Congratulations!  Such good news.  Glad it is in reasonable condition and not too much work to get started.

Any interesting peas planned for next year?   :wave:

Definitely going to have the peas again, I just hope I can get the seeds. I guess I will have to start planning and buying new seeds, what I have must be out of date.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 17:45:12 »
Well done,  Hope you enjoy your plot.  Nice to get one that is not too overgrown and nice to get one so you can really get stuck in before the spring.

Congratulation also to Paul and Linda, how frustrating to find it has not been cultivated.  I hope you manage to get it clear.  Have you thought about a digging hoe, they are fab for clearing overgrown land.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal