Author Topic: Sad day..........  (Read 3788 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Sad day..........
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:28 »
Well.....had to give up the key yesterday,no fanfairs,no farewells,just a receipt and our 3 years was finished..... :tongue3:

Been brilliant fun ...................

anyway weve had some fantastic fun,hard graft,but most of all Allotment pleasure and with your combined help
some excellent results.

and so we move on to Dorset soon,a "Garden Allotmenteer" but still with growing enthusiasm.

some room for herb pots and flower pots to keep the girls happy,and a "bit of dirt" for me to plant some veggies.

"Cant wait "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :blob7:

Cheers all, if and when were settled in the kettles always on..... :coffee2:

GazNjude

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Sad day..........
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:16:17 »
Aw shame Gazza  :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:
I hope things go well at your new place xx
sanity is overated

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:17:06 »
Very positive, though. Glad you have enjoyed yourselves. Have fun in your new home  :happy7:

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:46:08 »
Welcome to the West Country Gazza 'n Jude  :wave:

Tricia

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 11:08:40 »

Tricia
Can I second that 'tho Weston Super Mare is not as west or as country but I think it still counts
sanity is overated

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:42:12 »
Indeed Tricia we pass your door on our many visits to Dartmouth..... :wave:  and stop off in Torquay for a cuppa with one of me mums friends....

and blow me down I was on your doorstep last Thursday Macmac as I was fishing in Portishead ....had I caught something of note I would have slapped it on your draining board as a freeby in exchange for a cuppa T but im afraid all I had was..........

20 or so of these Mini Codling ....so not much to go around.

We will wave to our fellow carrot crunchers when were out and about Nr you....... :wave:

Gazza

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 13:22:18 »
Oh very sad to leave an allotment you have worked so hard at and have had such success.  All the best for your move and new gardening.  And please DON'T stop posting, and eventually putting recipes and photos back on the site!

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 13:28:19 »
Well Gaz and Jude some lucky person is going to land themselves a fantastic plot.
At the end of the day you are going to something you can truly call "your own" so best of luck!!!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 15:16:08 »
Yep - end of an era - but a good one to remember and plenty of super photos.  Thanks for sharing.

What is the new soil like?  Trust you to hand the keys back mid November and get going in your own place in spring.  Excellent timing there Gazza  :toothy10:

Hope you'll settle well in your new home town.  Yes do come back here often for gardening or cooking. 

:wave:

Never been near your new home area, but thanks for the offer of a cuppa and the same to you and Jude if you get to East Northants or North Beds on your travels.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 15:24:01 »
Gazza your little patch of dirt looks about as big if not bigger than what my half plot will be come New Year! I plan to grow loads of things on it so I am sure that you will still have a great harvest. I bet that when it's on your doorstep you can do much more work on it more efficiently!
All the best with the move, and enjoy the country life.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 16:41:37 »
Plot looks lovely it must be a bit of a wrench.  But I am sure you will soon get your new space up and running.   I hope you will continue to grow and cook and take fab pics of what you are doing.  I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.  I love that part of Dorset I am sure you will settle in fine.

I do hate May bugs, they seem to be so stupid they seem too heavy to fly and bumble about the place knocking into things.  I have never worked out how they manage to find a mate, when they have such a short life as a beetle.  Think of all those roots they have been eating.

I think I am in the West Country too just, so welcome from me too. 

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 18:17:07 »
Lovely pics to bring back memories of your plot! That garden looks fantastic- your own allotment site!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 00:00:37 »
You must have felt very sad giving up such a hard worked allotment like that, Gazza.   :sad10:

I am sure your new garden will soon be brimming with vegetables though, to make up for everything you have had to leave behind.  I hope your move goes smoothly.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:20 »

Tricia

Well it ain't proper West Country is it. At least it is the civilised side near the Hampshire border and not far from the starting place of all civilisation, the Isle of Wight. Not too backward around that area, although they will  still throw stones at the passing missionaries. Three Legged Cross is supposed to have got its name from the three legged gibbet on the crossroads.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal