Author Topic: Am I mad ? I have agred to be Chairperson  (Read 1808 times)

Nora42

• Acre
Am I mad ? I have agred to be Chairperson
« on: November 27, 2013, 19:17:07 »
I went to a meeting on Monday evening where it was discussed with all the site secretaries that the chair was due to retire and it was felt that a younger chair could bring a different view to our allotment society.
we are in NW11 a lovely leafy green suburb of London - why not look us up on google earth or maps. we are the really green part with a lot of open spaces. there are 10 allotment sites dotted around the suburb and all have their own secretaries which do the highering and firing so to speak.
the chair organises meetings and parties, so I'm not fearing a really big job.
HGS already has a Horticultural society but apart from being at the shows to show veg the two branches have little to do with each other. so I am hoping to work with them and change this.

We also have a very underused email forum for the allotments and I need to make sure that about 90% are signed up as this is our virtual notice board and a great way to swap plants or get advise.
I discussed with the HGS site manager to put the sign up info on the bottom of the yearly contract and see what response we get from that.
I also want to sign us all up to get 10% off orders from Vegetables seeds .net so that can go on the contract too.
anybody else got any suggestions for this type of thing,

I must say that there was a balance of both men and women at the meeting and a very nice bunch of folks they seemed too.

Nora
Norf London

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Am I mad ? I have agred to be Chairperson
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 20:06:17 »
Best of luck.

We get discount on Kings Seeds through local allotment society.

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
Re: Am I mad ? I have agred to be Chairperson
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 17:53:17 »
Good luck! Hope that you have fun with it and there aren't too many politics to get around.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal