Author Topic: Public Liability Insurance for plot holders  (Read 2789 times)

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
Public Liability Insurance for plot holders
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:40:57 »
Does anyone have an idea where I could  try to get competetive public liability insurance for plot holders? We already have this with our sister site but may be looking at getting it in our own right.  I have been told that there could be a minimum number of plot holders required. We have 72 so would hope this is ok. Thanks

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
Re: Public Liability Insurance for plot holders
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:37 »
Our site has 50 odd and have a policy... I can find out for you who it is with..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

goodlife

• Hectare

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:15:54 »
Yes please Gavinjconway I would appreciate that. Goodlife we are members of the NSALG at present and in the past I ahve tried to see if the Committee would agree to the change but it has always been a no-go area.  I have no reasons from the treasurer with reagrd to this but things may change in the future. Thnaks for your suggestion though.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 11:25:14 »
Yes please Gavinjconway I would appreciate that. Goodlife we are members of the NSALG at present and in the past I ahve tried to see if the Committee would agree to the change but it has always been a no-go area.  I have no reasons from the treasurer with reagrd to this but things may change in the future. Thnaks for your suggestion though.
If you have a look at that link...it names the insurance brokers..you could contact them directly and enquire what would insurance cost be or perhaps the garden council does 'insurance only' deals?
Our alloment membership is same size as yours and we swapped from NSALG few years ago as garden council was better 'deal'.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:34 »
We are swaping to the RHS insurance this year as we are already affiliated with them and it looks like a good deal  :happy7:

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 17:57:51 »
the organisation that Goodlife has recommended are the BEST in the country by far,the insurers that they use are Russell Scanlon the benefits other than insurance are seeds at half price with no minimum spend and free delivery to your home address,plus seed potatoes,onion sets etc from a reputable supplier (condor horticulture) I think,check them out they are a GREAT Organisation,FAR better than n.s.a.l.g
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 18:11:07 »
We were members of AGCUk at the time when the government was looking at changing the law to make it easier for councils to dispose of allotments.  During that year we never had any communication or newsletter from them. At that time NSALG made a huge amount of publicity surrounding this and were on the media and even wrote to my association even though we were not members.
I contacted the AGCuk to ask why we never had any newsletter or contact from them. I was told that they only send a newsletter out when there is something to write about!
Sorry but I think the extra £1 per member per year is money well spent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal