Author Topic: A touch of class on the table  (Read 3336 times)

ACE

• Hectare
A touch of class on the table
« on: October 23, 2013, 13:06:00 »
Having a few minutes spare before my opticians appointment, I decided to have a mooch around BHS to have a look at what I should really be wearing at my age. You know baggy cords and cardies. (why do they have to put all the ladies frillies next to the gents section?) Soon got fed up with viewing the brown, beige and grey offerings in menswear and after another sly peek at the frillies I whipped upstairs to take a gander at what's on offer in the chandelier department.

Loads of reductions but all too big, they must think we all live in palatial manor houses. What did catch my eye though was the dinner services. Now years ago I was working in a posh house where they had pure white plates with a thin silver rim and I thought when I am rich I will have a service like that. I'm still waiting to be rich but I do now have the white service with the silver rim. Two boxes at twenty notes a throw and a 20% discount.

Lovely dinner last night Faggots, chips and peas, the gravy ladled on in the mark of Zorro, Posh or what?

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: A touch of class on the table
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 13:15:16 »
...and did you buy yourself any of the 'frillies' then?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 14:05:22 »
...and did you buy yourself any of the 'frillies' then?

No I always go commando. Anyway knickers should be like a good friend and cover your @rse when you need them. No good getting them for the Yeti, she might get ideas and nowadays given the choice I'd rather have good gravy dinner.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 14:25:30 »
Frillies now'a days are nothing more than few bits of elastic.. you might need to floss your teeth after your 'good gravy dinner'.. :tongue3: Do you still have some teeth left..or did 'Yeti' flossed them off permanently for you? :tongue3:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 14:28:06 by goodlife »

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 15:12:13 »
Ummm just remember that silver /gold edged plates and bowls won't go in the microwave - which in this house is sometimes an issue. puts me in mind of my brothers wedding gift dinner service white with silver trim ( I was a student and could not even afford a saucer at the time) and yes it was gift but he never did get over his wife buying a £2,000 French cupboard to put it in.........
As for frillies nice but they have no use for us allotment girlies but I do admit there is no sex whatsoever In an M&S 5 pack!
Nora
Norf London

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 15:18:27 »
As for frillies nice but they have no use for us allotment girlies

I would disagree with that.....they are great to get the muck off under the finger nails...or as bird scarers.. :evil6:
The season of 'bottom warmers' is just approaching..... :icon_cheers:

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 11:48:35 »
Melon slings maybe?
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 13:08:13 »
I go for the one size fits all nah days :tongue3:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 14:41:10 »
I go for the one size fits all nah days :tongue3:

and must be pink, they are all pink in this house, well they are after I 'helped out' with bunging all the washing in the machine. We have special plates for the microwave another spin off from 'helping out' when I destroyed the caravan melamine set.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 18:35:11 »
Melon slings maybe?

Don't think there is enough material to hold a decent sized melon.  Having said that I still wear my cheese cutters - I stops me knowing how big my bottom half is getting

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 22:31:41 »
Well if we are in to confessing I have to admit the bit of string in the nether regions doesn't take my fancy and I used to be pretty good at frillies in the past, bikini knickers, 1/4 cup matching wired bras etc.. but now...lets just say if there was another big war mine might be  re commissioned as things that fly in the sky on ropes to catch the planes...sssshh don't want to use the real word.

Having said that I do have a few pairs of pretty frillies that only come out for special occasions and certainly would be as  useful as the others in an emergency just  as  those above, but it is nice to  pretend now and again.

By the way my china with gold and silver edges goes in the microwqve, I have  Royal Albert American Rose and Sweet Violets that I use for everyday and Val D'Or that is used now and then. As long as it is flat it doesn't spark, I think the rule is 1 or 1 1/2 inches high, anyway a soup bowl goes off like a firework but a dinner plate misses it.

What`s a cheese cutter..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 08:59:00 »
Remember when shops used to cut the size of cheese you wanted on a board with a piece of wire?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 09:08:54 »
Oh Ouch...yes I remember

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal