Author Topic: Police today  (Read 2831 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Police today
« on: October 04, 2013, 13:15:20 »
Those of you who have visited our allotments will know that they are set in a park, with the gates are at the
end of a short drive.  When I got there this morning I noticed a man walking towards the drive, but before he
got to it he lay down on the wet grass.  I didn't approach him (this is Birmingham) but went into the allotments
and closed the gate after me.

I watched for a while, and because I was concerned, decided to phone the police.
As I was waiting for the police to answer my call, the man got up and went 'inside' the low
branches of a large conifer.

The police took my details and told me that officers had been sent.  They arrived about
five minutes later, excellent.  The man was still in the tree so I went to the police car and
told them where he was.

The man came out from the tree and had a lengthy conversation with the two officers which
I couldn't hear.  I expected that they would come over and tell me what was happening but
no, the man got in the police car and they drove off.

The police officers never said a single word to me, and I'm left wondering whether I'd wasted
their time and if that was the reason. I was concerned at first that the man might have been
ill, he didn't appear to be drunk.

Maybe I was expecting too much.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Police today
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 15:10:57 »
More than likely they did not want the man to connect to who dobbed him in. Otherwise they would have to give you a new identity and send you to another part of the country to life. They will even crush your Micra just so he will not know what car you drive. No friends or family, no allotments, a tichy flat on a scummy estate with just a window box to tend. Youre life will go downhill quickly and you will soon be stood on street corners with a shopping trolley filled with rubbish and a bottle of tramp juice cider in your hand, shouting obscenities at passing strangers.  :happy7:

Only joking, you probably broke his cover as he was watching the allotments for anybody growing recreational herbs.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 15:35:20 »
 :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
sanity is overated

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 15:43:41 »
I love you ACE.
 :tongue3:
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 17:16:20 »
Special Branch no doubt!  :toothy10:

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 17:46:03 »
Can't stop laughing, then I look at Squashes picture and it looks shocked .... this is what you get for being a good citizen. Ace,I wonder what you would have done..or was it you in the tree..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

plotstoeat

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 18:53:39 »
I'd say it's a fir cop!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 20:08:24 »
A cat burglar, maybe.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 19:31:56 »
He was probably BARKing mad, you should have just LEAVEd him alone, I reckon he'll TWIG it's you though Betty. New identity and address deffo, probably send you to Severn OAKS, WOOD Green or Bushy.    :wave:  :drunken_smilie:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal