Author Topic: Rapid weight loss  (Read 2966 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Rapid weight loss
« on: October 07, 2013, 17:33:45 »
I have a wardrobe that shrinks any item of clothing that you hang up in it. So instead of getting rid of all the things that no longer fit I thought I would slim down a bit and play it at it's own game. The Yeti in Pink Knickers is also giving me a bit of grief. A bit of the pot, kettle, black as well, as she ain't exactly dainty herself. Not that I mind. We are both useless at diets, Pies, buns, pizza, you name it we eat it. I suppose that having slowed down a lot just lately, my calories should come down as well, but cutting a slice out of the pie to have tomorrow usually has me raiding the fridge when she ain't looking.

But we have solved the problem, smoothies, Just replace one meal a day with a glass of veg and fruit blitzed to oblivion in the blender and Roberts your mother's brother. Loads of fruit lying out in the orchard, veg coming out of our ears, lost a stone in a fortnight and it is still dropping off a pound a day. I like them so much I will often just have smoothies for all meals some days.

Weird combinations, carrot and apple, pear and beetroot, celery lettuce and tomato. We got a vitamix blender years ago, which is so powerful the friction will even heat up the mixture, so if it is a bit nippy I turn my green smoothie into soup.

It seems healthy, I am not really a vegetarian, so I will have to go back to meat when I've lost another couple of stone then I will try a pie and peas smoothie.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Rapid weight loss
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 20:18:46 »
 :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:
sanity is overated

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 20:30:12 »
Sounds good, do you add anything apart from the fruit and veg.  I had a delicious carrot, apple and strawberry in Egypt but have  never managed to reproduce it, I think it had some herbs as well.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 20:39:30 »
Good going Ace, just don`t eat the Macdonalds ones they are mega high in calories.
They were pushing the Vitamix in Costco (like Macro) here yesterday and demonstrating the soup idea. I never liked mine, twas years ago and I can`t remember why but I never ever got to like it, shame I didn`t keep it.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 21:03:58 »
Good going Ace, just don`t eat the Macdonalds ones they are mega high in calories.

XX Jeannine

I have never been in Macdonalds and I aim to keep it that way.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 23:46:46 »
Thank you ACE! I am going away next Monday and have a quantity of fruit and veggies in the fridge that I just knew I couldn't use up - till I read your post  :icon_cheers:. It reminded me I have a juicer stuck in a cupboard somewhere, so now is the time to get it out and use up the carrots, parsnips, celery, apples, pears and plums in a variety of mixes.

Tricia  :wave:

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 17:11:30 »
I have lost 6 kilos by just cutting down the amount I eat (smaller portions!) , eating less in the evening and cutting out too much sweet and fatty stuff. If something tempts me I will have a bit but just a bit.  Also I now get off the tram a few stops earlier and walk home, 20 minutes at a brisk pace, I get home ten minutes later than usual but have done my daily exercise. I also start the day with 10 minutes of sit ups, a few other exercises and a couple of yoga poses. I have gone back into clothes I couldn't wear and feel much better.
After all the faffing around with various diets etc over the years, it seems as if common sense is really the best way to go. As I increase the exercise amount, I hope to still take off the extra 5 kilos I still want to lose, by Christmas.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 17:31:57 »
Like you ACE I was not a great Macdonalds fan.  But a few years ago I was stuck in Ravenna in Italy needing liquid refreshment and clean toilet facilities, and a handy Macdonalds came up trumps with both.

Would loves some of these smoothie recipes.

I find working on the lottie keeps the weight down in the summer.  For me winter is the problem.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 19:31:53 »
I've got lots of veg and fruit  but I don't possess a juicer. What make would you recommend?

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 21:44:10 »
Do you peel & core the apples & pears?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 21:51:18 »
Do you peel & core the apples & pears?

We do with the windfalls, because of the wee little beasties, but picked off the tree goes straight in the blender after a quick wash.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 18:12:10 »
2 stone gone and I was doing well. Then somebody posted a thread on pork pies. The trotters are bubbling away in the kitchen and the dog is sitting in front of the cooker making sure they don't escape :toothy10: I feel the need for something to chew this weekend, so green smoothies are out until Monday and hopefully pork pie is on the menu.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal