General > Top Tips

cucamelons help!

(1/2) > >>

theone:
Have just started picking mine. The skin is terribly hard, inedible in fact although the inside is cucumber-y. Surely you're not supposed to peel them??
Did i leave them on the plant too long? I was so looking forward to them.

hippydave:
mine are still tiny so i cant help but im hoping you can just eat them without faffing about peeling them

BarriedaleNick:
I didn't peel mine and the skins were a bit tough even on the ickle ones.
Given the space they take for the crop and the fact that they aren't that tasty I shall be adding them to the "to be forgotten and never tried again" section of my seedbank

galina:

--- Quote from: BarriedaleNick on September 03, 2013, 19:27:45 ---I didn't peel mine and the skins were a bit tough even on the ickle ones.
Given the space they take for the crop and the fact that they aren't that tasty I shall be adding them to the "to be forgotten and never tried again" section of my seedbank

--- End quote ---

They should be crisp but not tough???  Not sure what happened there, maybe try a young fruit.

Last time I grew them I had so many that I ended up pickling a couple of jars.  Fruits halved and pickled, any cucumber recipe will do.  That should deal with any tough skins and save them from the compost heap.   :tongue3:

squeezyjohn:
Ha Ha ... another piece of top advice from Snake Oil salesman James Wong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version