Author Topic: Installing new green house!  (Read 1129 times)

Tashsteve

• Not So New ...
Installing new green house!
« on: September 02, 2013, 20:36:52 »
Hi everyone,

A family member has bought us a 6x4 greenhouse for our allotment. The area we are putting it is next to a blackcurrent tree. I think the previous owner of the allotment had use this spot to chuck rocks they found in the main growing plot as there is all sorts of small rocks mixed in with the soil.

Now I intend to grow stuff in the ground inside so obviously I may need to dig down and ensure all the rocks are removed. Has anyone advice on preparation of the site and also how is the greenhouse attached to the ground?

Many thanks

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
Re: Installing new green house!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 22:00:45 »
You need to prepare the ground like any other bed on the plot.. remove the larger rocks and add manure etc..

For holding it down I did the following. I found some concrete fencing posts - the type with grooves for sliding the fencing panels into. Then I cut them to size laid these as a foundation. I screwed some 4x2 planks on the botttom of the gh to raise it up a bit then plonked the gh on. Then I tied the gh to these posts with wire. I grow in the ground in mine as well.

you can see my blog here www.gavinconway.net where you can see everything I did on my plot.
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal