Author Topic: My allotment dream  (Read 1601 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
My allotment dream
« on: July 26, 2013, 22:26:17 »
Went to sleep last night, like one does, and was thinking about wearing goggles when I cut the long grass down as my eye had swollen up, through bites or pollen.  This was my dream cutting the grass at the allotment in the evening, suddenly realised it was dark and I was alone up there.  Then all these horrible people arrived and were putting up tents by the gates and toilet block, then loads of men with goggles on arrived and had flame torches and burnt all the dry grass and piles of compost.  The whole allotment was on fire and they were coming for me, I put my hands up and tried to run.  The dream was/is so vivid, but I had a lovely day today weeding but came home well before it got dark. (Maybe a warning not to stay up there alone at night without my mobile phone).  Found out today that two doors along got burglared last night at 11 pm so cat is on watch on the wall, and I have my tennis racquet ready.  Will put the chain lock on tonight, apparently they are using credit cards to unlock double glazed doors.  Next door got burglared last week, took her handbag whilst she was asleep.  No wonder I call it s...it Enfield.  Asked my allotment friend if I could borrow his dog, very docile Alsatian, but burglars don't know that, but he loves it too much to let me have it.  Tonight I am going to dream of a weed free allotment, everything labelled and in straight lines.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: My allotment dream
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:26 »
Hope you had a more pleasant night's sleep last night, Borlotti. Dreams can seem so real sometimes.  :happy7:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 08:39:59 »
Stop eating cheese sandwiches for supper, the dreams will soon go away.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:42:13 »
I lived in Palmers Green as a child and we all thought that Enfield was "dead posh"!!! I wonder what I would think of it now, that was thirty years ago.
Is Pearsons still there?
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:46:25 »
Palmers Green is now known as Palmers Greek. Winchmore Hill and Grovelands Park and Broomfield Park still OK.  Enfield not so good.  Pearsons is still there, I worked there temporarily in the toy department about 40 years ago. I went to Southgate County School in Fox Lane.  I want to move to a house with a large garden, away from London now I don't have to work, but we can't decide where to go yet.  I am so glad that I have the allotment to escape to, just waiting for it get a bit cooler as loads of weeds waiting for me.

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 12:54:25 »
We moved from the Croydon area 40 years ago for the peace and quiet of Dorset and wanted a house so we could have a family.   We have never regretted the move.   It does get busy at this time of year but if you want to see what it is like, have a look at Ben Fogle's programme Harbour Lives on ITV on Friday nights.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal