Author Topic: Let's see if this works  (Read 3046 times)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Let's see if this works
« on: March 11, 2005, 21:53:25 »
This is my first attempt at posting a picture on A4A & I'm doing via photobucket.

I'm hoping if people click on the link below it will take them to a picture of our baby (all eleven years of him!!!!!).

He's a Great Dane/Alsation cross.  Size-wise he's on par with a shetland pony (seriously!!!!!).   He's also one superbrainy dog but fortunately has the attitude of a teddy bear.

CC

"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: Let's see if this works
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 23:32:10 »
Wouldnt like him trying to sit on my knee CC   :o He's humungous.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 23:50:01 »
What a handsom guy 8) hope he likes fruit and veg, could save you a fortune in food bills :o. Having watched a Richard & Judy show recently they said dogs cost up to £30,000 throughout a dogs life span. :o

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 14:02:14 »
He is one VERY spoilt dog, but he is my baby.   He used to sit on people's knees/bury them but unfortunately his arthritis means he's not as agile as he used to be.

Regarding what he eats - well, the answer to that is, whatever he can persuade people to offer him!!!! 

Before coming to my mum & dad he lived with a school caretaker so his first 18 months of food were a combination of Iams, supplemented with crisps, chocolate & the kids' unwanted sandwiches!

He get's Brita filtered water in his indoor water bowl which he tends to turn his nose up at!!!   He'd would rather wait until he's outside then sticks his nose in my dad's water butt.

He's the most efficient burglar alarm we've ever owned & is great for seeing off doorstep salespeople & jehovah witnesses etc, etc.

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 16:15:36 »
what a lovely looking dog what sort of dog is it look like it has a bit of lurcher in him, i know how u feel with a dog that does not like to be left i have 5 dogs when i only had 3 they where fine but when i got a jack Russel she did not like to be left she had 4 pups and we keep one and she does not like being left alone so i take then everywhere have to as u would not believe what i would come back to my kicthen ends up looking like world war 3

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 16:28:41 »
I've turned down 12-hour shifts at double time in favour of Sam.   My work mates thought I was mad (the non-doddy owning ones that is) but I didn't care.

Having a dog is like having a child, you can't just abandon it just because it's interfering with your life

CC

« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 17:01:47 by carrot-cruncher »

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 20:42:28 »
his first 18 months of food were a combination of Iams, supplemented with crisps, chocolate & the kids' unwanted sandwiches!

I am steering clear of Iams, Eukanuba and Hills Science Diet since reading this article and hearing other tales on dog forums. >:(
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 09:06:44 »
What a great looking dog Sam is CC.  My oldest one (Bobbie - 9 next month) suffers from arthritis in his back legs.  I use a magnetic collar on him which seems to work (although I understand it does not work for all dogs).  Also I give him Glucosamine tablets which my vet recommended ( I also take them).  I get them off the net from Healthspan.  The vet told me to get the ones with 'marine chondroitin' as this is better for the arthritis.  You might feel these are worth a try if Sam is suffering too much.

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 09:36:34 »
Here's my pal. Obviously due for a swim!

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:41:04 »
Sam is on medication from the vet for his arthritis but we also supplement it with glucosimine tablets & cod liver oil.   It's quite bizarre really, he doesn't like take the vet's tablets but happily accepts the glucosimine & cod liver oil tablets.

He's actually fed on Bakers complete for his evening meal.   For breakfast he gets a slice of bread, soaked in milk, with an individual sachet of meat, all mixed together.   He adores the whole disgusting mess, which I've named "Cordon Bleeeuuurrrrrgggghhhh!!!!"

CC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal