Author Topic: Polytunnel cover  (Read 2822 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Polytunnel cover
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:58:55 »
My polytunnel cover resembles a colander. It is (was) a green mesh cover with plastic squares between the mesh, now just the mesh remains after heavy rain last year popped out a lot of the plastic squares. I'm going to get a new cover for the top of the tunnel, leave one end for the time being as that was undamaged and set up a new frame etc for the door end. So basically right now I'm going to buy some ultra violet inhibited polythene sheeting to cover the top.

I thought I'd leave the mesh there as it might be an easier way to fix the new cover but that's my question really. If you're just covering the polytunnel (ignoring the ends) what's the best way to attach it to the tubular metal frame and current cover?

Hope that makes sense, if it doesn't I'll try to explain better.

Cheers!
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Polytunnel cover
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 21:14:32 »
I dont see how you can fit the skin without going over the ends, you have to secure both ends to stretch the skin tight, also to stop it from lifting.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:12:32 »
Thanks Davy - I think you are probably right. I'll have another think.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 14:08:58 »
Can you  put a photo on, although i have never worked with the propper metal framed tunnels i may be able to come up with some alternative

Davy

DAVY

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:52:56 »
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here are a couple of photos I took just after putting it up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/granyanella/6805571040/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/granyanella/6932158543/in/photostream/

Dimensions are 6m x 3m x 2m if that helps at all

Cheers

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 20:53:33 »
elhuerto I have PMd you with my email addi.

Davy

DAVY

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:05 »
Just want to publicly thanks Davy for all the help and suggestions he's provided off forum - he's been brilliant!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal