Author Topic: escape artist  (Read 7030 times)

ACE

• Hectare
escape artist
« on: May 30, 2013, 17:33:01 »
Chumley will not stay in the garden, he hears the kids out playing in the road and out he gets to play with them. Now he is in clink, arrested by the dog catcher and locked up. Going to cost an arm and a leg to get him back. Fenced in, wire alarm on his collar, two 6 foot fences to try and stop him, but he still finds a way of getting out. I don't want to tie him up when we go out as he is likely to strangle himself. Most of the time he is out with me at the nursery but being a bit wet this morning I left him in the dry. I spent an hour scouring the streets for him only to get back and find a message on the phone that he had been nabbed by the warden, good job he is chipped.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: escape artist
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 17:47:35 »
Chumley is an odd name for a child!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 17:57:46 »
Can he not stay indoors?  My two get left in their cages in the kitchen with something to chew on when we're all out and are fine.  They mostly sleep and then get lots of cuddles and walkies when we get home.   

When we had just the one, she was fine in the home on her own but the younger one is a chewer and can be silly when he's worried.   Both are rescue dogs and he's much happier now he has a cage.   He can now tell when we're going out and goes in and sits there looking hopeful and thumping his tail cos he knows he's going to get a treat.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 19:12:12 »
Chumley is an odd name for a child!

pssss Nick it's in pet's corner!!! :happy7:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 19:17:35 »
£50 to pay now. No, he has been out with me working from the day I got him he would not like a cage indoors, he has an open one in the porch where he sleeps and eats. I only left him for a while this morning while it was raining.  Usually I hear him barking with the kids and go out and grab him back in, as he climbs out but cannot seem to manage getting back in.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:11:28 »
We've got escape artist too..and we had to stock fence the whole allotments..twice! She could squeeze through some of the larger holes in the fencing.. :BangHead:
I think we've finally achieve Amber proof plot. I don't think there is many options Ace..just find where he can get through and keep blocking them. Perharps you have to check the boundary with kids help..you and the dog on one side and kids on the other and see if he gets through when kids call him.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 16:15:02 »
Only just seen your post about Chumley escaping, I would be
really worried that he might get stolen.

http://vetsgetscanning.co.uk/what-are-the-top-five-most-stolen-dogs-throughout-britain-in-2012-2013/
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal