Author Topic: Double Glazing - I just want to sound off!  (Read 1569 times)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Double Glazing - I just want to sound off!
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:47:25 »
The children are long gone (except for many of their possessions) so it's about time we did a few home improvements.  Next on the list is replacement windows.  We live in a semi-detached, so we went with the same company chosen by and recommended by our neighbours, so that everything would match.

Today was the scheduled start date.  Everything has been cleared away from the windows, so that furniture has been shifted, some beds are upended, and the house is almost uninhabitable.  Still, only for a couple of days, eh?

I phoned at 9am, for a last minute check.  Oh, yes, Mr Melbourne, they'll be with you by 11am.  So as a final prep, we've taken down every curtain in the house.

11am, no sign.  11:15, I phone again to check.  Some confusion.  Chap at other end tells me we're scheduled for 31st (the day before we go away), promises call back.

Lady from Anglian's head office eventually calls me back.  No, we're not on the schedule at all, she says.  Blames computer glitch.  Yeah, right.  Anyway, after a certain amount of debate, we're promised a team to work over the weekend, starting Saturday morning.   :BangHead:

Ah well, it's not life-threatening.

Thanks for listening.   :coffee2:

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Double Glazing - I just want to sound off!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 14:33:35 »
Oh dear! Hope the rest of the job is better than that??
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 15:28:36 »
I feel your pain. When we had our secondary glazing put in last year the bloke who came to measure up got 2 of them wrong. This was discovered when they went to install them. Now I'm no expert but I would think "Ability to use a tape measure" would be pretty high up on the list of basics.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 16:33:08 »
Very frustrating.  No joke when people do not turn up as booked.   Seems odd that at 9 they could confirm but by 11 they had lost the job.

I do hope they do a better job installing them.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 21:05:30 »
Very frustrating.  No joke when people do not turn up as booked.   Seems odd that at 9 they could confirm but by 11 they had lost the job.

I do hope they do a better job installing them.

I suspect that there's a bookings list, and a separate job list where jobs get allocated to teams of fitters.  We were on the first all right, but someone had skipped a line when transferring the jobs to the fitters.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal