Author Topic: Red Podded beans.  (Read 10201 times)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Red Podded beans.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 06:41:55 »
I think Chriscross gets busy with a few different things this time of year, but I'm sure he will be about in a while. He's a big fan of growing different beans.

Thanks I'll take a look, hope I've got the right ones!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Bluejay

• Not So New ...
  • Old Beans Should Never Die !
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:53 »

I would be very interested in growing some of your Blue Jay beans, I've always thought the seeds look stunning and if they taste half as good - winner!

I'm afraid I haven't heard of Giant Stringless Greenpod, but I will have a little look about for you. I wonder if HSL still hold some?

Thank you for the history of Ernies' Big Eye bean, it's so good to have accurate information, often it's lost as beans are shared around. I thought I had a photo of the dried beans, but I don't seem to be able to find it, I've only a couple of seeds left but I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Hi Jayb,

Chrisc finally wrote to me and he told me he doesn't raise the bean anymore. So you are the only one who has contacted me who grows EBE. We can do a bean trade in the autumn.

Cheers,
Blue Jay

Bluejay

• Not So New ...
  • Old Beans Should Never Die !
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 14:34:49 »

I would be very interested in growing some of your Blue Jay beans, I've always thought the seeds look stunning and if they taste half as good - winner!

I'm afraid I haven't heard of Giant Stringless Greenpod, but I will have a little look about for you. I wonder if HSL still hold some?

Thank you for the history of Ernies' Big Eye bean, it's so good to have accurate information, often it's lost as beans are shared around. I thought I had a photo of the dried beans, but I don't seem to be able to find it, I've only a couple of seeds left but I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Hi Jayb,

Well here we are almost November already. My My how time flies. How did your Ernie's Big Eye crop turn out this past summer? Can you trade me some EBE seeds for I think you would like "Blue Jay"? Also do you have my address?

Cheers,
Blue Jay

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal