Author Topic: Beechgrove  (Read 3295 times)

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
Beechgrove
« on: April 13, 2013, 22:12:01 »
What a good programme!. I missed last week but have just watched it on iplayer, and also saw this week's this morning. They cover such a lot of topics in the time, and have interesting trials on the go. It is nice to be treated as if you have a bit of gumption!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Beechgrove
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:35:08 »
Many thanks for reminding me.  Great programme.

Would like to give the hot bed a try.  I have an old water tank.   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ry9vx/Beechgrove_Garden_2013_Episode_2/

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 15:40:10 »
I've been trying to workout why I like this programme so much, and have decided it is the format and the presenters. They have quick short demos, visits or updates, which means  they cover a lot of subjects and if you are not particularly interested in one item, one you will like will be along soon! The presenters are all brilliant, and come across as knowledgable, approachable and most of all do not make a meal of things, making things look easy and giving you the confidence to have a go. It was noticeable that when Chris Beardmore came on, the whole pace of the programme changed, his slow delivery really stood out as being more like GW, I much preferred the style of the others and the shorter features. Great programme!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 16:20:24 »
I thought lat week Chris looked as if he was holding back a bit- hopefully he'll relax as the series goes on. It must be quite daunting to join a series like that with a group of very long-standing presenters.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 17:27:57 »
A really lovely programme. I think Chris is still finding his feet & as you say Caroline, it must be a bit daunting for him. I didn't even bother watching the other one. The best part of GW for me is the dog :icon_cheers:.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 17:57:14 »
The best part of GW for me is the dog :icon_cheers:.

Yes, I think we should see more of Nigel and less of Joe- I've been disappointed in his contributions this series so far.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 21:36:22 »
Deb P, totally agree! He did use lots of long words!!

dave61

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:01 »
only just started to watch this and think it is a welcome change to G/W great advice not too technical a joy to watch for a novice like me
dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal