Author Topic: STARTED!  (Read 1209 times)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
STARTED!
« on: March 22, 2005, 12:39:26 »
What a lovely weekend!

Have made my first flower bed, near the kitchen pation. It is not direct sun but light so used lots of hardys from the last garden in purples and pinks:- Heuchera, Aquilegia, Bergenia, Muscari, Violets, Ajuga at the edges.

The bed will 'grow' towards a shrubby area so am starting that with Lady's Mantle on the side, then going to ferns .......

I've put some stuff in pots as well, and reassembled my little potted herb garden outside the kitchen doors.

AND the sweet peas in the greehouse are starting to show!

Typical OH! I pleaded with him to start digging my planned veg area, but no, he decided to climb trees (excuse of cutting down ivy!). Oh well, boys will be boys.

MUCH. much more to do.......

Happy Easter weekend to all,

CLx

wardy

• Hectare
Re: STARTED!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 13:08:10 »
I've got a robin nesting in my ivy so I won't be trimming that for a while  :)  your border sounds the business.  Ajuga foliage goes a lovely purple colour in shade. I planted Heuchera "plum pud" last year which is supposed to be almost an evergreen (or an everpurple!).  With that I planted tiarella cordifolia.
Alchemilla is my fave plant and tough as old boots, plus it self seeds all over so you never need buy another.  I've got the dwarf one but I prefer the full size one.  Looks great with dew or rain on the leaves doesn't it. 

I too am planning my herby bit by the back door.  My thyme has not come through the cold weather so I'll have to sow more.  Chives in the garden are looking great so they can be potted up.  I want to put some lime green herbs such as sage and a lime green oregano with the chives.  I've seen somewhere but can't recall where.  Happy days  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 13:09:53 by wardy »
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 13:52:58 »
Great news CL! Glad you're settling in and making the most of your new garden. I love creating new areas, so a whole new garden must be lots of fun!

And good choice of certain plants for that border!  ;)

I love Heucheras too - I have a couple that are evergreen in my garden (but then it's so sheltered the penstemons are still in bud from last year!) Lady's Mantel - I have some seeds of that somewhere. Must get sowing it (stern voice - where exactly aqui?)

photos, please!
gone to pot :D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 14:32:29 »
Yes lets have some pics CL, I'm glad to say you're sounding a lot happier and can now get your teeth into the garden again...well not literally...unless its edible...bless you.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal