Author Topic: all seeds in wilkinsons -half price - ends today!  (Read 2662 times)

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
all seeds in wilkinsons -half price - ends today!
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:12:29 »
Have just gone and stocked up for next Year. I now have a very long receipt!!

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
  • Dedicated dirt displacer
    • Nom's Patch
Re: all seeds in wilkinsons -half price - ends today!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 13:17:41 »
Begins with a B ends with an er... and has a middle that is another name for an insect...Wilkos is 40odd miles away...one way!  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Dirty fingernails are a sign of a healthy garden!
http://nomspatch.blogspot.co.uk/

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 15:58:22 »
There is somewhere that is 40 miles from a Wilkos???
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 18:26:36 »
My sister lives on one of the out-islands of Orkney. I dread to think how much trouble she'd have to go to to get to one!

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 18:28:58 »
There is somewhere that is 40 miles from a Wilkos???

Yes the parents in deepest mid wales

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
    • Nom's Patch
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:46:36 »
It is 40+ miles to anywhere from here...Tesco,Morrisons,Asda,Aldi,Hospital,...decent chinese/indian/any other type of restaurant is somewhat further...Wales land of the ...
"nowt for miles except sheep!"...we are so far away we only learned that there was such a thing as a Tesco because tourists were carrying their carrier bags...

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:48:20 »
Where are u nomspatch

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
    • Nom's Patch
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:00 »
Snowdonia National Park..near Bala...40 miles from anywhere...

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 12:42:04 »
Snowdonia National Park..near Bala...40 miles from anywhere...

:tongue3:
Is that as brilliant as it sounds?

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
    • Nom's Patch
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 13:30:48 »
In some ways YES Pumpkinloverin other ways NO...
It is lovely to be 'away from the madding crowd' and the scenery is stunning of that there is no doubt...but it does have serious drawbacks...
For instance we have been subject to
Fuel prices to make the eyes water..
Bad internet at the premium price...(some in towns get it free with their phone)
Local supermarkets Spar and Co-op, charging premium prices as there is NO COMPETITION...
A useless bus service that takes nearly 3 hours to get to Wrexham 40 miles away...
We get swamped with tourists...who think having LOUD fun is ok...(might be for them for a week, try living in the peaceful countryside with a non stop party going on around you 24/7 for 6/7/8 months of the year)
There is literally NO WORK to be had...
We pay more for our energy bills than people in MAYFAIR...
and the council tax is enough to make your 'pips' squeak!

add to that the Snowdonia National Park regs which mean you can't re-roof your house in any tile except the one that is on it (ours are cement asbestos) and can in some instances TELL you what colour to paint your front doors and windows...a friend had MOCK sash windows put in in place of the old sash windows which were double glazed...they were forced to remove them and have sash windows made!!!
It is Paradise here, to visit...to live, it is close to hell...except the weather in hell is a lot warmer I hear!

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 13:33:23 »
Nomspatch I couldn't agree more. I grew up in mid wales

Middle of no where. Crap links. Rubbish local shops. Wet weather.

Nice to visit but not to live in

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
    • Nom's Patch
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 17:07:10 »
We need a Land Rover here as well, the council don't grit our road EVER and we are subject to the occasional flooding..I cannot afford anything newish so have a 1979 ex army jobbie, that stands idle for most of the year as I cannot afford to fuel it being 'out of work' but it still has to be taxed and MOT'd ready in case..its only a few years ago we had snow in JULY and after it floods....
I have had people say to me..you shouldn't drive one of those its ruining our atmosphere (tourists) you don't need one, I revert to the Welsh language for those types and give them several rounds of ....well you know!...this last snow fall was 2 ft deep and drifting to 3-4ft here the road to Wrexham had snow piled 8-12 ft either side after the snowplough went through...anyone found on the A5 between Corwen and Llangollen got a £60 ticket from the old bill as the road was closed...and their insurance on the closed road was invalid!
Come the summer, we sit in traffic jams of TOURISTS who drive at 30-40 MPH because they are 'looking at the scenery', there are very few stretches to overtake on and invariably they speed up on those making it dangerous to do so anyway...
Aye .heaven ..and hell all in the same place...and don't get me started on caravans and motorhomes!!!  :BangHead:
Basfordlad..If I could afford to leave I would..but we are equity trapped and now existing below the official poverty line..my missus, 'BLESS HER' has had 1 heart attack and 2 strokes and has HAD to go back to work just to pay the bills! I have recently got a degree in LAW but cannot find work within travelling distance so will never get the LPC and be able to practice it!, the logistics of living here are a nightmare, I don't 'sign on' as it means an 80+ mile journey (at my own expense) to do so by bus thats over £6 return and 6 hours travelling and once a month you HAVE to attend in Macynthleth (however its spelt) which is a horrendous journey from here!
They say tourism is the 'lifesblood' of Wales....NO IT ISN'T!!!...most people bring their own food, fuel their cars before they come etc etc...it does nothing for the ordinary people of Wales, NOTHING AT ALL, apart from of course there being NO PAPERS, NO BREAD, NO ANYTHING AFFORDABLE (bargains, going out of date etc) IN THE SHOPS... tourists are like locusts...so if you come , and find an old Military Land Rover doing 30 miles an hour in front of a queue of 200 cars, or a farmer with a cattle trailer...you know why they are there...getting their own back! :toothy10:

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 18:01:52 »
I understand how you feel Nomspatch. We used to live in the Lake District, I got a thing for my car....it said....I'm not a terrorist I just live here. I havent seen one like that for a long time. But yes going about your daily life is almost impossible for sightseers and parking anywhere to get a pint of milk in your own nearest town. Well you said it all really.

I would only consider living somewhere like that again if I won the lottery, and didn't need to rush anywhere. What's that saying? Oh yes....another nuts day in paradise. :glasses9:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 18:03:34 by star »
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal