Author Topic: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)  (Read 181469 times)

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Re: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:32 »
Now that is a sham, as we have a lot in common, apart from me trying to change the future, with some outside the box ideas. ......

I shall treasure that put-down.

I might even pinch it (sorry, recycle it) for use on some suitable occasion.  ;D

Did you ever get a response from the FAO, John?

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2007, 23:40:39 »
 :(  Hi Melbourne 12, no I never did, so that's another one gone on my long list of no helpers, which at some time I will hold accountable for their actions. I'm just going to post about  the Channel 4 TV progamme I whatched tonight, OK.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John.J.R.P.
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2007, 23:41:34 »
 ??? Hi ALL, what a crazy world we live in when Antony Barnet at Channel 4 TV has to tell us the way it is regarding FLOODING, and Baroness Young says she doing her best to sort things out. I say it all comes down to money being spent on something she or any one else won't get a return on in the way of profit, just like my New reuse of waste ideas to help save lives, and help to reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites in the UK, and in the rest of the world.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #283 on: December 12, 2007, 23:36:18 »
 :( Hi ALL, VERY SAD NEWS for me, after me getting a long awaited reply from Miss Ann Widdecombe. It's turns out after many years of trying to get my life saving ideas used, at last some one on behalf of the lovely lady has taken the time to tell me the reason why I haven't found any one in power to champion my cause. It's all to do with being bound by a very strict Parliamentary Convention, which forbids Members of Parliament from entering into detailed correspondence with, or making representations on behalf of, other Member's constituents, therefore Miss Ann Widdecombe is like every one else who has a say in runnings the UK, they are regretably unable to write to me in any detail, as she and others must simply abide by the rules. So it all comes down to that old saying, it's not what you know, it's who you know, even though my own local Labour MP was once the head of recycling in GREENWICH SE10.
What a crazy world we live in, when you can contact some people to help you, who could change your life without actually knowing you, yet can not be held accountable for their action to you. Plus they say it's good to talk to anyone, especially your Member of Parliament who is in (POWER) to represent you and others. It does seam to me after all my years of trying, money does talk in any language, but not when something is made for FREE, to help reduce some of our waste, and save lives too.
The saddest part about me wasting my time on this earth is, I'm begining to think it's because I'm white, and English and living in Great Britain that I'm getting no help, even though I'm trying to help solve 2 world problems for next to nothing, and more. What more can one man offer to do without help from others, when so many people say why bother to help others, when you might not ever know them, and tell me my ideas won't work too, yes I agree every one has the right to have an opinion about my ideas, but at least try them out first before telling me they won't work for some reason, and can prove it...
What I would of liked is, to put the song FEED THE WORLD on to my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com after us buying it to help promote my way of doing things, but I can't because I would have topay Sir Bob Geldof copy rights money to do so? which is a shame especially as its to do with Christmas, and feeding the poor too.
With this in mind may I be one of the first to wish you and yours and every one else in the world a very HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 too. John.J.R.P.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 23:42:05 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2007, 00:35:35 »
 ??? Hi ALL, what a crazy world we live in, when on the Dragons Den TV programme they gave £50,000 towards a transportable water purification system, which will be sold at around £20 a time to all the charities who are involved in saving lives.
May I point out to you all that my vertical water recycling system can do the same thing by design, simple done by adding some sort of filter, Like sand or rages or both, in to the container you would remove each time, you use to put compost in, to then grow something in to eat now, which cost next to nothing to make. and I'm offering it to the world for FREE. I say anything that helps to save lives should be tried, because it's got to be worth it, not just in money terms. I do hope the poor people this system was designed for are able to use it in their every day life, like mine, made from rubbish, especially as it only works when the wheels go round by design.. If you want to know more about the way I would do things please ask, especially if you are a charity thinking about buying these with our money, even though it's a good idea, I can see lots of problem, for example, a lot of moving fluid weight on 2 none repairable wheel, we are talking 50 litres on a uneven surface being pulled for miles every day it's used, by poor starving weak people who are also dying of dirty contaminated water, or no water at all. Come on you money people why not run a pipe line from where ever to where ever with fresh drinking water inside it, and name it after you, or your company. knowing in return you will help to save lots of lives, which is more in value than you will ever own. Water means life, what ever way you look at it. Some people think I'm mad, or just plain stupid, when I put forward an idea, but to them I say.
May you and yours and all those who think I'm not mad or stupid live long and happy. John.J.R.P.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:35:22 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2007, 10:48:46 »
Hi ALL, I've just posted on this website about WHAT IF... which I would like you to look at, as they have come up with another very good idea on how to use space to grow things, which you moght like to try. Posted by jamesthehat today. urburn allotmants.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:51:56 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2008, 00:01:14 »
 ;D Hi ALL, this website www.inhabitat.com takes gardening and recycling to a different hight, it also saves space too. Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 00:16:29 by JRP »

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2008, 13:23:08 »
what a crazy thread this is!!! i am surprised that JRP has time to garden as he seems to spend all his time posting on it!!
although I am impressed with his dedication to his ideas, I feel that he is probably wasting his time thinking that he can fight world hunger.
HOWEVER, because I don't want to be cynical, I feel that maybe he could try a different tack and promote his system for the growing of veg by poorer families in urban areas which I feel is something that is not as encouraged as it should be. It would give these families a way of having healthy food at minimal cost.
while I am sure that many of the people at A4A respect your ideas, perhaps this is a case of overkill??
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2008, 13:30:56 »
A more feasible idea for third world countries is demonstrated in this flash movie.

http://www.abc.net.au/backyard/flash/Permaculture.swf

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #289 on: January 24, 2008, 01:41:35 »
 ;D Hi ALL, today the 23-1-2008 we had our waste collected, using the New collection system in GREENwich. Which is now our GREEN BIN is used for FOOD and GARDEN WASTE ONLY, which they are going to collect WEEKLY, and our BLUE TOP BIN can take a mix of CANs, CARDBOARD, GLASS, PLASTIC, and PAPER  and CORRUGATED CARDBOARD too, all in one go, which will be collected WEEKLY, and if we have LEFT-OVERs like POLYSTYRENE,  or DOG or CAT EXCREMENT, SANITARY TOWELs and INCONTINENCE PADs, COLD COAL and WOOD EMBERS, they must be all put in a SEALED BAG, any VACUUM CLEANER WASTE, CIGARETTE ENDs, COTTON WOOL PADs and BUDs and MAKE-UP WIPEs, COAT HANGERS, and BROKEN CROCKERY, which must be wrapped to avoid any injury to the dustman mainly, all these we are told to put in BLACK PLASTIC SACKs to be collected FORTNIGHTLY from now on. WHY!  Why should we wait two weeks for it to be collected, when it could be all collected on the same day, and in another WHEELIE BIN say with a RED TOP. Plus we are being asked to pay for  BAGs, GARDEN SACKs, CADDY LINERs when we as council tax payer already pay for every thing. This I pointed out to all the people who were present at our local COLDHARBOUR Estate NEIGHBOURHOOD PANEL MEETTING, which had a man frow GREENWICH COUNCIL there talking about GREENWICH's New way of collecting our waste, and the ways they are going to RECYCLE and REUSE it to help to REDUCE it going to landfill sites, with the help of us all doing our bit. They say the money making side of things it's to improve their services for us, IN WHAT WAY! We have just paid for a New Council Materials Recycling Facility which Automatically sorts the Paper, Cans and Bottles and packs them into bales. yet we are being asked to seprate most things WHY! even though I don't mind doing it if it helps, but come on atleast supply us with the things we need, without us having to pay for it, even though some people don't mind doing that too, but that's their choice when they are being told we must all buy things to help the Council keep where we live looking clean and tidy, and free from Waste. If our Greenwich Council wants to show the best way to deal with its waste, its got to do more for us, and in return I'm sure we will all DO OUR BIT, like I am, in my own way as my website will show, and in some of my ideas I have put forward, which I believe are a bit outside the box ways of thinking. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts. I hope you all have a Happy New Year 2008, and may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2008, 04:10:23 »
What's this got to do with your allotment?

If the Council tells you to put things in bags just do as you're told. Get on with it. Get a life even.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2008, 08:46:31 »
when they are being told we must all buy things to help the Council keep where we live looking clean and tidy, and free from Waste.

What were you told to buy JRP?, seems they've got it all covered to me. ???

Smile, it confuses people.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2008, 14:03:14 »
What's this got to do with your allotment?

If the Council tells you to put things in bags just do as you're told. Get on with it. Get a life even.

Please let me point out to you this is a New Recycling Ideas thread on a gardening website,  the point I'm trying to make is we already pay for every thing for example, the pens and papers which they use, and the lorries too, and the wages, that's why! 

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2008, 14:17:30 »
I can kind of sympathise with JRP, as our council have gone a bit mad too.  I dont think my garden can hold another bin.  4 already is enough as it is, and as a mother with dirty nappies etc... tying thim in a bag and not being picked up for 2 weeks is a pain in the XXXXDSFDFADASDf.... cant swear here :D

Its also a pain remembering which bin goes out when!!  As they have changed the times twice already!!.

As for the money you pay the council... if more people in this country voted.. the government would be out anyway... just nobody bothers anymore or cares ... and just live with the crap they throw at you with a daily basis.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2008, 14:19:36 »
when they are being told we must all buy things to help the Council keep where we live looking clean and tidy, and free from Waste.

What were you told to buy JRP?, seems they've got it all covered to me. ???

Hi Emagggie, the things we are being asked to pay for are bags, garden sacks, and caddy liners, which I think the Council should give us all for FREE, as we already pay the council to deal with our waste, which I believe will encourge more people to do their bit if they did supply them for FREE.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2008, 15:04:04 »
Oh dear. In that case I agree. What will happen if you don't buy the liners, has any one asked?
Smile, it confuses people.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2008, 18:53:02 »
JRP. If you took recycling seriously you would not produce any waste that required you to purchase bags to dispose of.

You cannot expect a sensible Council to give you free bags so that you can simply use them elsewhere adlib. Need them,  buy them. Don't need them, don't buy them. What's the problem?

Wait till they fit RFID chips on the bins and you have to pay for all the shit I dump in your bin when you're not looking.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2008, 19:56:58 »
Well I have been bagging the stuff in my wheelie bin for years I cannot imagine just chucking it in. We recycle of course but everything else that goes in the "other bin" is bagged and tidy.  My bin is clean inside as it has never had smellies in it without bags. Grrhhh

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2008, 22:35:17 »
Wait till they fit RFID chips on the bins and you have to pay for all the shit I dump in your bin when you're not looking.

Laughing a lot here!!!

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2008, 23:50:14 »
Never thought I'd post on this thread but there you go.
It seems ludicrous to me that anyone even thinks of buying bags to put rubbish into. It just creates more rubbish.
If you have a problem with excess food packaging, take off everything you can at the supermarket and leave it in their bin. Don't accept packaging you don't need if you can avoid it. You won't have to dispose of it then.
Don't waste any food, then you won't need to put it in the bin, you can compost what's not useable. My bin doesn't usually smell because no food waste goes into it. There's not much if anything needs putting into bags, so that solves that problem. It goes into the bin. If the bin does get dirty, it gets washed out with water. The bin is made of plastic, so that's a dead easy task.
It may be a hassle to sort things into separate bins, it's much more of a hassle disposing of it usefully and safely long term.
The only real problem I see is plastic packaging - which the councils have to take now. They also have to take small metal items, like tins, and glass jars and bottles, and paper & cardboard. theres not much left after that. Textiles get taken down the tip every few months where there's a special area for them, as there is for old bricks, and for timber, and used engine oil. Allsorts in fact.
I don't sympathise with you JRP, the council sevices are paid for by us, of course, but it couldn't be much easier than it is nowadays, and you don't need to buy bags if you put your mind to it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal