Author Topic: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)  (Read 179376 times)

JRP

• Acre
Re: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2010, 02:30:08 »
Hi ALL, please check out Patrick Harry in MALAWI ( Desertification) thank you. John. www.recycling.moonfruit.com and www.technologyforthepoor@yahoo.com
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:00 »
Where is it John? Your second link doesn't want to work and I can't find it on moonfruit.com.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #402 on: January 28, 2010, 02:16:52 »
 ;D ::) Hi Emmy1978, thank you for showing your interest in what I'm trying to do, I just Google, Patrick Harry in MALAWI. and it came up for me under the topic(Desertification) after he e-mailed me to say he wanted to help spread the word about reusing waste plastic containers to grow things in MALAWI. I'm sorry I can't find his website to put a link to, if he has one. All the very best John.
www.recycling.moonfruit.com and www.technologyforthepoor.com  :)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #403 on: January 28, 2010, 10:26:13 »
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #405 on: February 01, 2010, 00:52:54 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL an update for all those people who are really interested in Reusing Recycling and Reducing some of our waste going to landfill sites in the uk, and the rest of the world.
And it's an update for all those people who are interested in growing things to in the uk and in the rest of the world, if it helps the poor people live a better life no matter where they are.
With this in mind may I share another one of my ideas with you, which I intend to prove can work to help bring lots of different people together to help set up a Community Garden.
For Example my next Community Garden Project has already started in ABBEY WOOD on the Flowers estate SE2, with finding a good place to have one at Carnation Street.
Which is an area of land where lots of people are over looking it who have no gardens, because they are living in flats, and it's also at the end of another one of the blocks too. At this moment in time it mostly get used by some of the local people to let there dogs ---- on, but I'm sure once people see what else it can be used for this should all stop.
Now comes my New (7th) project idea, which I have a lot of support for involving our local Neighbourhood Pride Team of helpers, and our Greenwich Council Services SE10 too.
My idea is to help make a Community Garden area for people to use made mostly from thrown away things such as railings, fencing, trellis, pathing slabs, bricks, sand. wood,
gravel, rocks, plants,  basically anything to help keep down cost to tax payers, and so we can also afford to have what we like growing in the area, and to help the wild life too.
I also intend to have solar power lighting and collect rain water, and to offer to anyone living on the Estate the chance to have a metal or wooden bench to remember someone.
I also intend to have a wide path going from one side to another down middle to separate a green grass area with a path going around it, with some plants and things growing on the outside of it, leaving enough room for people to sit on bench's and to have some waste bins too. On the other side of the wide path I intend to have it as a dry area say with some sort of shelter, so it can be use for many different things, for example having a BBQ. I even intend to have a painted mural done by the local children and others too.
I already have some photos on my website showing my presentation day, and some bulb planting, so you will be able to keep up with the stages as we go along, as an update.
Please Note the stages of my ideas are to help make our Community Garden that little bit different, which I hope you may also like to set up where you live in the future like us.
(1) First look for a site where it is big enough to use as a Community Garden, and where the local people want it to be, otherwise it's going to be a waste of time and effort.
(2) Think permanent when finished, and maintenance, and security too, and working with your local Councill at all times, as I know they can help you in lots of different ways.
(3) Think of it as serving more than one purpose such as a meeting place, but most of all a place to spend some time doing a bit of gardening to share with others young or old.
(4) Having some benches for people to sit on is a must, which could also be donated by the local people who wish to remember those who have past away.
(5) Having an area with a roof covering it to use for meeting under, for example to have a BBQ, it could even be raised up enought to use for storage, with wheel chair access.
(6) Having access to water, which could also be done by collecting rain water, and having some lighting in place, for example done by some solar panels.
(7) Having in place Litter Bins, and dog poo bins, and a imformation board to serve their purpose, which I hope will also be in place when finished supplied by the Council.
(8) I do intend to have lots of different roses in place to help protect the area, and to help the birds find a safe place for them to nest, and to add some more different smells.
(9) I do intend to have a rockery area, and maybe a small fish pond, and a bird feeding table I think would be good for people to use, and arch's to walk under, and raised beds.
(10) I also intend to reuse a lot of waste plastic containers to grow things in, to help show other people how my system can be used in different ways, and other waste too.
To find out more please visit my website as I have other gardening project up and running now, and I have other Gardening projects which are about to start in this year 2010.
Thank YOU for taking the time to read my message as it might help you to do somethng different in your life, and to help others, no matter where you live or what age you are.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, all the very best. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com too.  :)  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:34:10 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2010, 22:13:48 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL I'm very pleased to say my Reuse of Waste plastic Containers to Grow things in idea is getting a lot more support every day to help Reduce them going to landfill sites.
To find out more about NO digging gardening, growing your own, being selfsufficient, downsizing, and reusing - recycling some of our waste to help build better Communities, and to help to change the Environment we live in, involving climate change, and droughts and floods now and in the future, and helping our school children and the poor for next to nothing, please visit my website to see what I've been up to since I last tried to spread the word about my system that works in lots of different ways to be of benefit, and a resource rather than just waste to be thrown away..thank you for taking the time to read my latest up date.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John  :)
JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com also linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com to help spread the word.  

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 22:16:10 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2010, 23:54:40 »
 ;D 19-3-2010.
Hi ALL from someone who's trying to help save millions of lives for next to nothing, and help to reduce some of our waste at the same time, I've got some good news to share with you. I've just said YES to the Robin Hood Tax idea of the rich helping the poor, which I think could have been called THE HELPING HAND TAX myself, to help poor people of all ages live a better life all over the world, done by the more people who vote YES to the TAX. Little did I know but our own Greenwich Council SE10 has just sent us a Council Tax Booklet today, saying that there's going to be NO INCREASE IN COUNCIL TAX this year. Plus I've just notice I'm also in the photo on the front cover of the same booklet, which is also showing just some of our younger Team of Neighbourhood Pride helpers enjoying themselves on the open day of their own local Community Garden project at Abbey Wood SE2 last year, which is just one of the many projects I'm tying to get up and running if I can, all I need is a helping hand.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. All the very best. John. JRP recycling www.recycling.moonfruit.com also linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com to help spread the word about trying to help others just like comic releaf is today.   ;D

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #408 on: May 03, 2010, 17:12:12 »
 ;D ::) Hello everyone this is an update for those who are interested in the way I grow things, and reuse waste plastic at the same time.
My Gardening projects have grown since my last post, and I've just put another short video film on You Tube again under my own topic, 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening, making 4 in total so far for you to look at if you want to, done with the help of my two youngest grandsons again. For those who think I'm wasting my time showing how my water recycling system really dose work, but with so many people who could use it, but choose not to use it, they could be right, but at least I've tried to spread the word.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy no matter where you live. All the very best John. JRP recycling.
To see what I've been up to for the last 10 years, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com ,Thank you.  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #409 on: May 03, 2010, 18:00:00 »
Just watched one of your youtube clips, John- nice to see you "in the flesh"! Keep up the good work!

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2010, 22:16:42 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL, If YOU want to see something grown in a different way which you won't see at the Chelsea Flower Show, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com ,  where my friend Job Ebenezer  at www.technologyforthepoor.com has just sent me a photo of what he has created using lots of 1 gallon jugs,and my water recycling system idea made from waste plastic containers to help feed the poor in Columbus.Ohio and in Haiti for you to look at,to prove it works in the simplest of ways for next to nothing.
To those who really do think I'm NOT wasting my time. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP.  :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2010, 22:22:54 »
JRP, can you post a direct link to the photos?

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2010, 23:27:04 »
 ??? Hi Caroline7758, thank you very much for showing your support, today me and my wife spent over 5 hours trying to work out how I could put the photo Job sent to me as a e-mail attachment onto forums. But I could only work out how to get a copy of the photo onto my website on my menu, Jobs System for every one to look at. If you or anyone else can tell me how to do it, it would be great because I'm so proud of him trying to promote my idea in his own way, and yes I would like you all to see what he as done if it helps to spread the word. John. www.recycling.moonfruit.com linked to Job at www.technologyforthepoor.com

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #413 on: June 16, 2010, 16:24:42 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL some more good news for those who are interested in my Reuse- Recycling of waste plastic container gardening ideas.
Today is a special day for me in more ways than one, for example it's my BD and I've just started a new container gardening project which I've been told could be one of many if a certain lady has anything to do with helping to spread the word. This one is at Plumstead SE 18 in Chestnut Rise, which I've just put some photos of on my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com today to show you all another way you can grow things if you want to for next to nothing, and help to reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites at the same time. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, all the very best. John. JRP recycling.  :)

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2010, 01:34:16 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL, if you would like to come along and say hello to me this Saturday whilst I'm doing a presentation at the Glyndon Ward Community Event Day, held at the Community Centre, Reglan road SE 18, of my You Tube 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening ideas, to help promote the Reuse-Recycling of some of our waste, to help Reduce it going to landfill sites, would be a nice way for me to help spread the word about the way I do things to all ages, starting from 10.am to 4pm. I'm on the info sheet as Johns Recycling. 
There will also be other people doing their thing, for example * Safer Neighbourhood Team * L&Q * Army cadets * Scouts * Driving simulator * Cycle Doctor (12--2) Bring your bike * And Many More Partnering Organisations, for example * Environmental Champions * Activity Bus * Have A Moan Corner * Boxing * N.H.S.Link * Community College * Clean Sweep * L&Q Face Painting * Fire Brigade * Police * Barclay's Bank cash * Tesco's refreshments * Charlton Athletic * Thames 21 Cleanup * Tackwondo * Credit Union * Graham Edwards Cycle Proficiency * Job Centre Plus * Greenwich Card * Mary Kay Cosmetics * Co-Op Fairtrade * The Ship" soft drinks donation * Plus of course our own  Greenwich Council Participation Team donation *  Which as also help me in the past, to help spread the word , as part of their Neighbourhood Pride Team of helpers.
I hope to see you there and say hello on Saturday 3-7-2010. may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com  :)

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #415 on: July 08, 2010, 01:26:27 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL, if you would like to come along and say hello to me I'm doing a presentation of how I reuse recycle some of our waste plastic containers to grow things in, outside ALL SAINT''S CHURCH on the 10th July from 10am - 4pm at Blackheath as part of their Summer Fayre. If you can't make it on that day maybe you could come along and say hello to me at St Edward Church, Mottingham, SE 9 on the 17th July from 10am - 4pm  where I'm doing the same thing to help reduce some of our waste plastic going to landfill sites, and help to feed people at the same time. I will put some photos on my website to show I was there just like my Glyndon Community Event day on the 3rd July.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. All the very best. John. JRP recycling, for more information please visit www.recycling.moonfruit.com .Thank YOU.    :)

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #416 on: July 29, 2010, 00:41:29 »
 >:( GET IT SORTED!
EIGHT THOUSAND TONNES OF WASTE REJECTED. as reported in our G.T dated the 27-7-2010.
I think ENOUGH is ENOUGH when it comes to our Greenwich Council or any other Council blaming the people who pay their wages for dealing with their waste properly.
We the TAX payers have spent millions on trying to deal with this countries waste, with an end result it all comes down to us doing our bit.
With this in mind for over 10 years now I've been trying to spread the word about how I reuse recycle lots of waste plastic containers to grow things in, and using less water, to help reduce them going to landfill sites, which some people would have seen proof of when I've done presentation of the way I do things to help promote the reuse of waste.
But because there's no money to be made the Council and the Government won't endorse my ideas, so even when you do try to do your bit to help solve our waste problem the powers to be don't want to know. I say all our waste should be treated as a recourse rather than being treated as just waste.
Again with this in mind I believe the reason for the Council blaming us Tax payers for not doing our bit is because they have spent so much of our money on trying to set up a system where they thought they could make money to cover other thing, when there was a value put on what gets thrown away in this Country, and then sold on, but now there's nearly no value apart from scrap metal, the Council have got to find other ways to make money to cover this from us Tax payers. For example.
WHY should someone pay to have some of their rubbish removed if they own their own property, and someone living in a Council property does not, RUBBISH is RUBBISH.
It's what we do with it can be given a name so we all should know what we are talking about from a early age. I really can't see why we can't have the same system set up all over the UK if it works. Yes we all know people produce waste in more ways than one, but if we are talking about RUBBISH then we have people out of work who could help to sort it out in more ways than one. I believe if someone pays for something the last thing they think about is what am I going to do with it when it is of no longer use.
I believe the main PROBLEM is we now live in a country where it's a case of greed not need because we all should be living a better life, paid for by those who took part in our last war in one way or another, Surely the Council it self should be held accountable for their actions, as we have no say in the way we would like them to deal with our WASTE, even though we as Tax payers pay for everything in one way or another.
As someone who does speak to lots of people about the 3Rs of waste, when we have a situation when someone does not use their bin in the right way and the Council simple comes and removes two wheelie bins, and it took nearly one year to get the two bins back even with the help of our local Cllr John Hills, if people don't want to do their bit then give them one green wheelie bin and two black top wheelie bins, which they then can put what ever they like in if it helps the Council to then sort it out in the normal way.
In the past we had one man who was our road sweeper and he done a very good job, then they introduced a team of about 6 people and a vehicle to travel round with them to do the same thing, that's what I would call a waste of money. What I would like to see is any Rubbish seen on any Estate removed on passing, making the Estate look better to everyone including the people living on it, which then I'm sure would  in courage more people to do the same thing with their waste, rather than just saying I pay my Council Tax and the Council should deal with it like most people say, who do not do their bit.
Our Cllr Maureen O' Mara said: If residents recycle properly, household waste cost less to deal with and will enable the Council to spend more on other services affected by the significant cuts facing all local authorities." last year our Greenwich Council told us that they came top in the Country in regards to recycling our waste,  but they are now saying that they spent about £320.000 sorting it out. I think someone is talking a load of RUBBISH don't you. Why don't you have your say not about me but about what you would like to see your Council Tax spent on regarding dealing with our waste. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. JRP.www.recycling.moonfruit.com.  :)

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #417 on: September 02, 2010, 08:30:23 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL again, this is another update for those who are interested in the way I'm trying to help promote the 3Rs, Reuse, Recycling. Reducing some of our waste to be of benefit, rather than it just going to landfill sites.  First I hope you and yours are all well and you have enjoyed the good weather that helps Mother Nature do her bit, just like us in a good or bad way, which does effect the way all things live in one way or another..  With this in mind I have some very sad new and some very good news I would like to share with you, first the sad news, I've stopped going to four of my Community Garden Projects because I could not afford to keep going to make sure that they were ok, after my own Greenwich Council had spent money on helping me to start them up,  to be enjoyed by everyone living on the estates, and to show what can be done with some of our waste on a small or large scale  if you want to do your bit to help the Environment, but because there was not enough water being added to all of the plants in-between me only being able to go once a week they started to die and I just could not afford to keep on replacing them my self, even though I did get them reduced from B&Q at Eltham and HomeBase at Kidbrooke. But at least I've still got some photos of them when all the plants were alive on my website for you to look at when ever you like to see something different.
NOW for the very good news, this Friday the 3-9-2010 I'm having my photo taken to go in the News Shopper to help spread the word about what I'm trying to do to help promote the reuse recycling of waste ideas. Plus on Saturday the 4-9-2010 I will be at Fairyhill Park SE9 just off the A20 to doing another presentation of the way I grow things as part of their Fun Day, so please come and say hello if you can. Plus I have some more good news I would like to share with you, I've just been invited to do a presentation, and talk to the Gardening Club members of our local Thompson Gardening Centre at Chislehurst, just off the A20 on Wednesday the 8-9-2010 from 7pm - 9pm by the owner him self, after me giving him one of  my card to help spread the word. Yes there's more we have just bought a new Computer because my old one stopped working for some reason, which we have just manage to sort things out on so I can carry on trying to spread the word about the way I grow things, and try to reduce some of our waste going to landfill at the same time, if I can with your help and others helping me to spread the word. Thank YOU for taking the time to read my message, if I can help to save just one life with your help it's got to be worth it.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. All the very best John. JRP ( recycling ) www.recycling.moonfruit.com  :)  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:43:01 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #418 on: October 10, 2010, 15:44:42 »
 ;D ::) Hi ALL, I hope you are all well, and I've got some good news to share with you again. I've just put another  video on to the YouTube website under the topic 3Rs Plastic Container Gardening , number (6) for you to look at, to show you all how you can also use Trellis to grow things on using my waste plastic container growing system, this I will be adding to soon, as my next project should be all about helping to create an area for my friend and his daughter to grow things in using Trellis, which I will mainly design for his disabled daughter who has to use a wheelchair.
Next is our own youngest grandson is just about to start doing some filming next week with actor Ewan McGregor which will take over three months to complet, so you never know what the future holds for him only time  will tell.
Next today is the 10-10-2010 and is showing that 172,000 people have visited my website so it must be of interest to some people, enough to keep on spreading the word about what I'm trying to do on my own to help reduce some of our waste going to landfill sites in the UK. and the rest of the world if  I can, for it then I hope to   be come apart of our world AID programme to help poor people mainly in a drought or flood situation feed themselves.
To help spread the word about something that works and cost next to nothing to make please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com , thank YOU. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John JRP.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #419 on: October 10, 2010, 17:59:29 »
I've just been looking at your web site to catch up, some amazing construction.

I'm sorry to hear you have stopped going to some of your community garden projects, but hopefully you have sown enough of a seed that others when they are able will follow your lead  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal