Author Topic: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)  (Read 184763 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)
« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2007, 19:03:28 »
Yes that is the bit I don't understand,I know his website and what he is trying to do on it,but he is he wanting us to tell him he should go. If that is it, then yes, go for it JRP, that is my feeling. If they have sent you a defiante invitation I certainly think you should go, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2007, 19:21:45 »
 ;D  Hi Jeannine, thank you for your positive thaughts,   :-[ I'm very sorry ALL but I should have said, I've been invited TO APPLY to exhibit at the Chelsea Flower Show.  :-[
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, John. J.R.P.  :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 20:17:21 by JRP »
www.recycling.moonfruit.com designed to help save lives. John. J.R.P.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2007, 19:22:50 »
Is that what you needed John,our opinion? XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2007, 20:20:50 »
  :-[ Hi ALL, I'm very sorry but I should have said, I've been invited TO APPLY to exhibit at the Chelsea Flower Show.  :-[ , and yes I would like your opinions. Thank you. John. J.R.P.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 20:24:30 by JRP »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2007, 20:25:11 »
Oh I see, well  I still think you should go for it XX Jeannine

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2007, 21:05:15 »
Ah yes, I see now. I thought you had a definate invite and I couldn't understand why you would hesitate if it's what you want to do.
I know I'd go for it  in your place JRP ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2007, 22:40:19 »
I would have thought anybody would be happy to apply, although maybe the expense would be a no go for some people (?) Go for it.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:09 »
 ;D Thank you very much for your support.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.  ;D

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2007, 09:47:39 »
;D Hi ALL, for those of you who are interested in my reuse of waste projects ideas, I will be showing my container gardening ideas off to others on Saturday the 9th June, at the MOTTINGHAM FESTIVAL, held on the Mottinham Sports Ground ( Foxes Fields ) Grove Park Road, from 1 - 5pm. I will be set up next to the Tombola and refreshment stand.
If you are interested in have a good time why not come and see me and others, I'm sure it wont be a waste of your time. John. J.R.P.  ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2007, 10:35:04 »
Mottingham ???

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2007, 15:25:51 »
It's a real place froglegs not a misspelling of Nottingham, it's in London.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2007, 00:48:46 »
 ;D I'm sorry I mist off a g in Mottingham and I did not say Mottingham SE9.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:01:35 by JRP »

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2007, 02:21:34 »
;D Hi ALL, what a great day we had yesterday the 9th, when I exhibited my two projects off to lots of people who had come to our Mottingham Fete SE9. It was worm with a cool breeze but no rain even though we had a few rain clouds pass over what was going on. I managed to get into my 4 door car with a lift up window and boot one brokendown pallet section into the back of my car, along with 70 crops in their containers on their carrying beams, plus extra bags of containers too, and 10-8ft bean cane plus a 8ft-4ft folded up full size drawing of my own allotment plot I did to show others what my plot looked like from above. I've been taking lots of photos of what I've been doing lately which I will be adding to my website soon, which will be mostly of my Community project this time which you may also like to try. I will be starting another project at our local Church soon, which will also be about growing things in containers vertically with the help of Age Concern, hopefully going all the way along a 25ft length of metal fencing they have alongside a walkway at the side of the church, which the old folk can use to grow things. We are also having a open day at the Mottingham Community Learning Centre-Shop on Friday the 15th from 12am until 7pm, which will also help to promote the way we grow things, and it will also help to promote what the Learning Shop as to offer to the local community too. I will give you another update soon, in the mean time.  ;D
 May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:33:47 by JRP »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2007, 11:41:45 »
JRP, could you please put some phot'os of your harvested veggies on here for usXX Jeannine

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2007, 12:43:58 »
I would like to see what you are harvesting too!  :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2007, 19:37:07 »
I've been a bit perturbed about the amount of plastic milk-cartons I've had to take to the recycling place recently.

So I've signed up to the local milk delivery place that delivers it in GLASS bottles that I can give them back.

I'm also a bit reticent to grow my lovely veg in a plastic container.

All very well if it's going to benefit people who can't grow veg elsewhere (as in soil etc) but I'd rather not surround my potatoes with a semi-opaque excuse for a milk-bottle.

I CAN ORDER MILK WITHOUT GETTING IT DELIVERED IN PLASTIC CARTONS? CAN YOU?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 19:39:00 by Trixiebelle »
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2007, 19:40:58 »
May your milk live long in the fridge and your yogurts be free of bacteria
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2007, 18:20:57 »
;D HI ALL, on Friday the 15-6-2007 was our open day, which was at our Mottingham Community Learning Centre-Shop, Cranley Parade, Beaconsfield Road, London SE9, for people to come and see what's on offer. I had lots of interest shown in our Reuse of waste plastic containers idea to grow things in, which we have going all the way around the edge of our back yard area. With this in mind I'm now in the process of putting lots of new photos onto my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com to cover my 2nd new project, which we have up and running now, with another one starting just around the corner at our local Church St. Andrews sometime next week, which I will also be adding some photos of once we have start it The Sad News is after us having a good day with lots of people calling in to see us, we were then told that the Bromley Council said that they will be shutting the Community Learning Centre-Shop down because of the lack of funds at the end of the month, so we have now started a petition up, which we are asking people to sign to help stop this from happening in the future.  :( In the mean time may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2007, 20:40:13 »
Hey John, did you see the post from that lady from the newspaper who  put a post on here,she wanted to make contact with folks with allotmments that had a story, it was only a week or so back,take a look for it, XX Jeannine

JRP

• Acre
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2007, 00:37:45 »
;D Hi Jeannine, thank you for trying to help me spread the word, but tomorrow the 18-6-2007 we are having the press come to our Mottingham Community & Learning Shop to do a story about us at 10am and 11am, I will let you know how we got on, plus I have put my first photos on my website about my 2nd project today, which will be one of many I hope you find of interest.  ;D
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal