Author Topic: FREE P&P This weekend on T&M, Suttons, Unwins - WHAT ARE WE BUYING ??  (Read 5208 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
These websites are all having a free P&P weekend on their websites.

Which has prompted me to look at my wishlists for treats.

Thinking about:

• Grafted melon plants (Suttons)
  • Yakon tubers (T&M) but is it too late to start them?
  • Various fancy flower seeds that it's definitely too late to start.

Anyone else with a wishlist?

*Joanne*

• Quarter Acre
It will be seeds for me all mine have got wet and gone off  :BangHead: but would love a hanging basket clematis that unwins are selling but the cost is a little high
I would like to be a glow-worm.
A glow-worm's never glum.
Its hard to be downhearted
When the sun shines out your bum.

Joanne

irridium

• Acre
Hi Ellen:

Can't find the offer on the Sutton's site. Do you have a code please?

The others are available though.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Quite fancy a Kaffir Lime from Suttons, but can't find the Free P&P?

Not too late for Yacon starts  :toothy10: 

Edit to add
Hi Ellen:

Can't find the offer on the Sutton's site. Do you have a code please?

Snap
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Ellen K

• Hectare
Hi - the code for Suttons is SFREE13, valid until midnight Monday 1 April.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 20:08:33 by Ellen K »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Fothergills have got free p&P and 20% off and if you buy 5 packets you get 2 extra free.  A couple of years ago one of my free ones was parsnips and they did brilliantly.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Thanks Ellen K  :happy7:

Fothergills have got free p&P and 20% off and if you buy 5 packets you get 2 extra free.  A couple of years ago one of my free ones was parsnips and they did brilliantly.

Nice one too  :happy7:

irridium

• Acre
oh no, another site to sift through! i'm still on T&M's and it's at £65 atm (will be whittled down when i do a final cull at checkout).

thanks for that, ellen and didgerdoo...

Nigel B

• Hectare
Well, I managed to find the seed potatoes I was after. Sarpo Mira, which were trialled in the next valley to ours, according to my research.
I wanted to find out what the local farmers were growing so I'd know what to grow myself... and stumbled into some research which took place in the Conwy Valley.  Sarpo Mira, apparently, are preferred for their resistance to late blight...
T&M sell them at a reasonable £7.99 if the postage is free....... and it is. :-)
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

irridium

• Acre
this was my order in the end:

pinkcurrant 'Gloire de Sablon'
Sweet Pea 'Blue Shift'   
Lupin 'Sunrise
Blueberry 'Pinkberry'   x 3 pack
Poppy 'Flemish Antique'

£35 . pricey, i know, but hopefully the berry plants will be worth it!

Ellen K

• Hectare
Well, I bought a pack of 3 grafted melon plants from Suttons for 9.99 (eek!!!) and that's it!

I am supposed to be cutting back on the garden spending, after all.

They will be planted in the polytunnel.  Having been largely unsuccessful in growing melons, I wondered if grafted plants are the way to go (that's certainly true of aubergines and melons are kinda similar, n'est pas?) so I really wanted to test them.

Will report results at the end of the season!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
From T&M I ordered:
Cabbage Surprise
Nantes 2
Cheapest packet free
5x Begonia Apricot Shades
P&P free
Used T&M £5 voucher
Cost = Nothing
Job done
Another freebie sorted.
  :blob7:   :toothy10:   :icon_cheers:   :blob7:   :toothy10:   :icon_cheers:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
From T&M I ordered:
Cabbage Surprise
Nantes 2
Cheapest packet free
5x Begonia Apricot Shades
P&P free
Used T&M £5 voucher
Cost = Nothing
Job done
Another freebie sorted.
  :blob7:   :toothy10:   :icon_cheers:   :blob7:   :toothy10:   :icon_cheers:

Nice one   :toothy4:

Nigel B

• Hectare
Yeah. Well done Cornykev.
I'd forgotten they'd given me a £5 voucher. I think I threw it away saying 'Yeah, and when they make it so I can order for free...' :BangHead:

I could do with a few day's notice next year guys. I have a mind like a whotsit?... Ohh Look! Shiny....
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

irridium

• Acre
well, my seeds came through today and i was expecting a free money voucher like you guys seemed to have got in the past but no, not for me. This is the 3rd year that I've ordered from them and not getting a sodding penny, only I got instead a £5 off voucher from minimum spend of £30! now, i'm hoping (with a bit of trepidation due to T&M's poor rep) that my plants (pinkcurrant and blueberry) will arrive in May/June in good nick. :confused1: :confused1: Has anyone got their orders through yet, and if so, did you also receive any vouchers?

cornykev

• Hectare
The £5 off I got was in the catalogue they sent through the post, my cabbage and carrots arrived today with a few other non gardening catalogues, no sign of my begonias though.   :toothy10:

irridium

• Acre
yes, i did get the brochures but no £5 voucher, just min. spend money off vouchers. that's so not fair :BangHead: :BangHead: when you guys are getting them. how much is your average spend with them? Mine is usually around £20 but this one is £35!

cornykev

• Hectare
I never got a £5 voucher for a spend it was just printed on one of the pages in the catalogue they sent out.   :wave:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Kev is one of the big spenders, wife at 99p shop and free offers.  Good for him. I expect B & Q will be throwing plants away soon as they are just not selling.

irridium

• Acre
I never got a £5 voucher for a spend it was just printed on one of the pages in the catalogue they sent out.   :wave:

need to make an apology to you with regards to the £5 off voucher. i've just come across the bumpf for T&M from last year and came across an offer list with the voucher on it. Unfortunately, it was dated in Sept 2012 :BangHead: :BangHead:

with so much carp that comes through with their offers, it's no wonder, i missed it!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal