Author Topic: Cucumber lemon  (Read 1746 times)

susan1

• Half Acre
Cucumber lemon
« on: April 18, 2013, 17:22:05 »
I thought I would give these a go this year got them from Haddons, anyone else tried them before and what were they like :tongue3:

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
Re: Cucumber lemon
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 19:55:43 »
If it is the Cucumber Crystal Lemon,they are a round variety and very nice,you get plenty of cucumbers to the plant,i have just planted some seeds in the heated propogator,hopefully they will come through very soon,good luck
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 20:31:25 »
I've grown either Lemon or Crystal Lemon for the last 5 or so years, they're very similar. Best eaten before they mature too much as the skins get quite thick. Lovely to eat like apples and quite prolific. Hope that helps.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 20:43:38 »
Is there a difference between Crystal Lemon and Crystal Apple?
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 21:00:33 »
Yes,one is a light green colour and one is a lemon/yellow colour
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

ed dibbles

• Hectare
  • somerset/dorset border. clay loam.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 21:16:49 »
They're great. Got some in the propagator at the moment. Prolific producers on plants not too big and rambling so you can plant them a little closer together. They would make good candidates for training upwards as the fruits are'nt as heavy as the long cukes.

Finally they are just the right size for slicing in a sandwich or the salad bowl. No more half cukes sitting in the fridge. :happy7:

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 21:33:52 »
Its already been said really, but I wanted to put in my vote for crystal lemon. Definitely my favourite cucumber. Taste is perfect and its more digestable than other cucumbers I've tried. Even my friend who told me he couldn't eat cucumbers said he was fine with it. Having said all that, I have no idea how close Lemon is to Crystal Lemon. Anyway, I've sown 6 crystal lemon which is double what I grew last year, and they gave me way more than I needed.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 21:58:28 »
Ah thanks all, yes it's the crystal lemon that I've just sown. Really looking foreword to them now  :toothy10:

admjh1

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 22:35:49 »
First time for me.I got my seeds from Haddons.They are just poking through now.look forward to tasting . :bs: :happy3:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal