Author Topic: self management promote community views  (Read 1605 times)

Martin Way

self management promote community views
« on: April 10, 2013, 22:28:03 »
Hello all
Phil. Hope not too "risky for new thread" "Starting self management promoting democracy"

Going s. management on our london allotment site  Want to promote a mechanism for all plot holders to take part.
Bit concerned "the commitee" is becoming detached from all. Apathy abounds suspect we all know.

Anyway idea is to create local site representatives to promote all to have a say in our community.

Have volunteers but thinking a good start to get them going and be recognised would be a "survey" of plot holder opinions. Maybe : do you get the news letter? Do you think going s management will make a difference to you ?  How do you think our money should be spent to improve our site... etc  Something to provoke a feling of being involved ?

Has anyone done this and can you send your start up questionnaire  ? Or other thought

Yes we have bees

kind regards

Phil

Martin Way

Re: self management promote community views
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 21:41:10 »
Thought self management issues might be facing us all and very  topical: 
Have I posted in wrong area?

phil

gwynleg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 18:20:59 »
Hi Phil
am interested in this topic. Our site is looking at self management and I am concerned that a few people who have run the shed will be the only interested people and I would really like them to try harder to involve people on the site more - it feels a bit insular in that shed! Its difficult because i can myself only offer limited time because my job takes up a lot - but would give a certain number of days a year.
The council has tried to involve others - it sends out information and invites people to meetings but very few come to it which is a shame. A questionaire might be good - our council surveyed lots of people about their allotment strategy and seem to be willing to put money into repairs etc before self management.

good luck with your ventures

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 21:23:30 »
The first consideration to self mnagement is do the allotment holders want it.
First you must organise a meeting to find out if the majority want to go down this road.
If so, then you ellect a Chair person, secretary, treasurer and committee. have a meeting, discuss a constitution, tenency agreement and rules.
When you have them all finalized you have another meeting and put the committees proposal to the members to vote on.
That just for starters.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal