Author Topic: Greenhouse Spring Cleaning  (Read 4042 times)

themauler

• Not So New ...
Greenhouse Spring Cleaning
« on: March 03, 2013, 23:46:17 »
I am in the process of cleaning and disinfecting my greenhouse and want any advice.

Today I have used a pressure wash on both the outside and inside & tomorrow I am planning to disinfect all the inside.

I built this greenhouse about 18 months ago on flags. It is fastened down but there are gaps between the greenhouse and the flags in places.

Should I seal the gaps with silicone or something similar, or do I need to leave the gap and allow any crawlies to get in. It is not fully flagged inside, as I left two 12" gaps between the flags going the length of the greenhouse which are filled with pebbles/gravel.

Any advice appreciated

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
Re: Greenhouse Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 23:53:45 »
i would clean it out,disinfect it then seal the gaps up.thats where slugs were getting in on mine,there were loads of them,i sealed the gaps,and there wasnt that many after that,what disinfectant did you use,im doing mine over next few days
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 18:16:59 »
I used Jeyes fluid to scrub mine out the other week, it still smells nice! I used a plastic broom to apply a moss removing dilution inside and out and all the staging, left it for an hour then pressure washed it off.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

themauler

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 22:27:11 »
I used citrox. Blasted with pressure wash throughout including glass panels and concrete flags. Then I sprayed all panels with solution of diluted citrox.
Also, any equipment from last year I have cleaned and sprayed with same solution including pots and staging etc.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal