Author Topic: Don't be fooled by little old ladies  (Read 6698 times)

Nora42

• Acre
Don't be fooled by little old ladies
« on: March 15, 2013, 14:39:12 »
Don't be fooled by little old ladies or at least this one.

The suburb trust said that they would come and prune my apple trees way back in September and in February I got a note saying what they were going to do and what.

yesterday the tree surgeons were on site thinning a couple of oak trees on the site so I asked them if they were doing the apples trees next. yes they said so I left them to get on and went home.
20 minutes later looking from my bedroom window I could see they were pruning the apple trees on  Anna's allotment and so put on my boots and went to ask them why.

Anna who is 87 had been out and instructed the men that it was her allotment apple trees which needed pruning. I asked them to stop and got the to ring the boss who then rang the suburb office who paid us all a visit and confirmend that it was my two trees that needed pruning and not not Anna's. All this time Anna hid indoors.

Now Anna knew I had arranged them to do my trees and knew I had been waiting since September to get them on site, so why she told the contractors that her trees were the ones to be pruned even though it clearly stated that it was a mature Bramley, hers is a Cox, and that the plot number was 26 which she knows is not her allotment, you can't put it down to confusion.
I am amazed at such behavior and even the contractor said if she had asked him to do her trees while he was there he would have obliged with no problem.

the moral of the story is if you are a deeply selfish person at 40 then when you get to 87 you'll be no different, if not worse - I need to stop presuming all people are nice and won't have have you over at the drop of a hat. And it may be the last time I clear her plot of leaves and help her weed her beds to boot, but in my heart of hearts if she asks for help again I won't refuse, that's just who I am.

Nora - a gullible pushover
Norf London

steve1967

• Half Acre
Re: Don't be fooled by little old ladies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 15:25:13 »
Nora you get far more enjoyment from being nice than being nasty. You obviously have a good heart and that makes you ten times better than the likes of your cheeky old neighbour.  Your an  :angel11:

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 22:41:20 »
Don't you think it is the people who deep down feel powerless in life that are more apt to pull a nasty stunt like that one?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

CDave

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:47:09 »

I couldnt help having a bit of a laugh - I wouldn't be if it happened to me though !!

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 09:48:58 »
Some people are just utter badsrats, Nora :toothy10:

Dont let it get to you- she'll be dead soon..... :tongue3:
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal