Author Topic: LIDL GARDENING GEAR goes on sale Monday 04MAR13  (Read 3977 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
LIDL GARDENING GEAR goes on sale Monday 04MAR13
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:23:41 »
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-F97054FE-8D020311/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=39489

Though their website is a bit wobbly right now.

Does anyone have an opinion about their Garden Track product?

Ellen K

• Hectare
Re: LIDL GARDENING GEAR goes on sale Monday 04MAR13
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 07:26:13 »
Sorry, just seen someone else has posted this and the "remove" option doesnt actually work.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:38:50 »
I have never used their garden track before but will be buying it on Monday. I have a fruit cage and would like a path I can easily move around. I will let you know what I think of it!

Duke :)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:47 »
Well, it's reassuring to hear you are buying too Duke.

I keep looking out for some of that rubber matting you see on the grass in childrens play areas but no luck and it is not cheap to buy either.

But the fact that it is so conveniently mobile puts me off as I am next to the site tea leaf and have already lost loads of stuff.

Still might buy though.  We can then compare notes.

Thank you :-)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 21:05:36 »
Hi again

Decided not to buy the garden track. I did go and look at it though. I thought it was too narrow and would have had to buy three packs for my needs......so I will look for alternatives eg 2nd hand paving slabs.

Duke :icon_cheers:

dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Ellen K

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:37 »
Well I bought the Garden Track, 4 packs.

After much wondering if they were over priced or over engineered for purpose.  They work out at about £1.40 per piece which isn't bad compared to similar products.  And slabs are a big job to transport and lay.

They better be good though!  Will let you know if they are worth our hard earned dosh.

Also bought the propagation tray kit for £5. And could have bought loads of other goodies.  Which is why I left my debit cards at home.

Happy days!

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:20:29 »
I am a great fan of their "self watering" plant boxes at only £4 each, and have bought 6 more, plus the £25 coldframe which I hope will not just disintegrate. I use the boxes to grow salad leaves, watercress, little carrots, rocket, radishes and all sorts of other slightly delicate things that don't do well if the weather is dry. (Cue a spring of torrential rain).

The boxes are easy to protect from predators, and the water needs topping up only every week or so. One use I am about to put them to is weighing down tarpaulin that is trying to smother weeds.....

It's impossible to find these boxes anywhere else (unless very expensive), and Lidl has not stocked them for several years so I was pleased to see them there again at last.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal