Author Topic: Eviction for poor cultivation  (Read 38922 times)

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
Re: Eviction for poor cultivation
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 22:03:37 »
Well done Vidcare. Good man.
Well done to everyone else that pitched in to help Vidcare too!

Full marks all round....

And as Unwashed (Top bloke) said, be generous in victory... and I'll add, but wear the smile of a winner. ;-)
Happy gardening.
Cheers Nigel B
I will enjoy the BIG smile of a winner as i limp around  the allotments  :happy7:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 22:06:46 by vidcare »

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 09:23:38 »
Well done Vidcare, a great result.   :blob7:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 09:32:33 »
These threads so often end in disappointment, it is so nice to hear of someone winning.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 20:25:07 »
Good for you. I thought you'd won when I saw that he'd assaulted you.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 23:31:34 »
Good for you. I thought you'd won when I saw that he'd assaulted you.
18 month ago same guy give me a right verbal bullying and inches from physical assault(reason i sent a email to the council Allotment officer asking for the guide lines of erecting a fence)  I reported it to the council what did they do nothing ! put it down to a personality clash easy way out for them, wish now i contacted the police   :blob7:

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 10:28:05 »

Hi again Vidcare,
If you wrote to the council they should have a record of it. You might want to drop them an email, (I always use the FOIA when dealing with my council, they tend to ignore anything else), asking for a copy of any correspondence between you and them so you can pass it on as proof you had already been threatened. They really should have taken some sort of action when you complained.

Good luck. Happy gardening. :-)

"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 00:41:52 »
How's it going Vidcare? Any progress?
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 15:57:35 »
Hi Guys and Girls
update, I am receiving psychiatric counseling over the traumatic experience,   the Guy has had his bail extended to 17th June but an interesting thing happened at the Allotments today my Witness was accused of telling the police a load of lies and given a threat of eviction when his bail is finished on the 17th June (by the accused The Secretary) reason, he give a statement to the police ! how about that, intimidation of a witness i would have thought ?  thanks for your interest (The Police have been informed) I Just want the Council to intervene to remove my witness  eviction threat little hope of that ?but we will see   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 16:01:47 by vidcare »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 18:34:31 »
I hope the police are taking the report seriously, since interfering with a witness is a criminal offence.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 22:09:24 »
I hope the police are taking the report seriously, since interfering with a witness is a criminal offence.
fingers crossed i will know more on Wednesday as the PC who is in charge of my case was on a day off today but it will be very interesting on what will happen to this bully

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2013, 09:00:12 »
fingers crossed i will know more on Wednesday as the PC who is in charge of my case was on a day off today but it will be very interesting on what will happen to this bully
Thursday still no reply from the PC Who is in charge of my case ! unbelievable, I Have left umpteen messages   :BangHead:

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 11:41:31 »
I dont believe it been informed by the police, interfering with a witness nothing can be done as the alleged offender is on unconditional bail ? and he has a past police record !!!! 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:44:43 by vidcare »

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:00 »
[/quote
Well Guys/Girls
Up to the point of going into court this Allotment Secretary changed his plea to Guilty ! so over 6 month of hassle has a ending ? lets HOPE SO, will be interesting to see if the Council remove him? :blob7:

Naboth

• Not So New ...
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 18:54:47 »
So what happened?

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 10:54:29 »
So what happened?
The Sec pleaded guilty and had to pay the CPS Costs and the Assault by Bashing was recorded against him plus I would imagine the cost for his solicitor (as todate he is still acting Allotment Sec and the Council it would appear to have turn a deaf ear to it All!)

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 16:55:17 »
So what happened?
The Sec pleaded guilty and had to pay the CPS Costs and the Assault by Bashing was recorded against him plus I would imagine the cost for his solicitor (as todate he is still acting Allotment Sec and the Council it would appear to have turn a deaf ear to it All!)
Well you know when you get that feeling you cannot Win well to day I have had a visit from our Sec shouting and bullying me again on the Allotments stating I told a load of liars of the assault way back in March last year and he is quit adamant he Won the Case figure that one out ?  has any one any idea of my next step '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2014, 23:48:35 »
So what happened?
Well you know when you get that feeling you cannot Win well to day I have had a visit from our Sec shouting and bullying me again on the Allotments stating I told a load of liars of the assault way back in March last year and he is quit adamant he Won the Case figure that one out ?  has any one any idea of my next step '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Well the latest update this Sec pleaded Guilty of Assault by Bashing in court it looks as if the CPS solicitor Has sold my case short as i have received a eviction order from the committee saying as the Sec won the case (after pleading Guilty)!! i falsely accused him of assault and he was cleared and discharged by the courts ?? the letter unsigned from the Allotment committee states my sub-tenancy will not be renewed and i have to be OFF  my allotment by the 31st March 2014 any justice in this country can any tell me ??? :BangHead:

Golach

• Half Acre
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2014, 01:12:16 »
I've just read this thread and admit I am somewhat shocked.

Witness intimidation is a criminal offence, as has been pointed out already.  The person who assaulted you had already been charged with the offence and it matters not a jot whether he was on unconditional bail or not and the police should have at the very least had words with him.

The eviction notice, you say is not signed.  Therefore, it is NOT legally binding.

This committee have allotments, therefore they are tenants of the council, who are the overall landlords.  The council have a duty towards their tenants.

There is a little known law which (and I paraphrase here) means that the council are responsible for the actions and behaviour of their tenants and if they allow tenants to get away with bad behaviour, anti-social behaviour etc., then the victim of said behaviour can sue the council.

I found that one out some years ago when my elderly neighbour and others in our street were being harrassed, threatened, our property vandalised by the family from hell.  Just so happened that my neighbour's son was a Barrister.  We organised a meeting for the whole street in our local hall.  My neighbour's son kept quiet until almost the end of the meeting, then he spoke.  Ever seen council officials, councillors and the police squirm, because they did.

A few months later, the family from hell were gone.  The threat of the whole street suing was enough to fire the council into action.

I would think the same law applies here as well.  Council's don't like people knowing about that law.

Might we worth getting other allotment holders who have been bullied by this lot to stand together.  One voice is weak.  Many voices are strong.

I wish you luck.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2014, 08:05:30 »
the family from hell were gone

Not sure this cures the problem, presume it just moves somewhere else.

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2014, 10:21:31 »
YOur council must have an allotments officer - ask to speak to them, this man needs removing from his position on the allotments - he is using his "power" to throw his weight around!

Any threats of eviction from him would be un-enforceable - I would by pass him and go straight to the Allotments officer!

The court who heard the case will have published a record of the proceedings of the case.  I would obtain a copy of the judgement, because it would seem that he has lied to his fellow plot holders about "winning" his case!  He is not a fit person to hold office, so you could call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the allotments society.  He needs removing from his post and surely once the true outcome of this case is known - the other plot holders would not want him representing them!

Good luck! 

The alternative for your sanity is to see if there is a plot on an alternative site nearby you!  It should not come to that - but some fights are just not worth the anguish!
Grow yer bugger grow!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal