Author Topic: Eviction for poor cultivation  (Read 38938 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Eviction for poor cultivation
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 16:39:39 »
the council your landlord and the committee manages the site on behalf of the council, Yes,
I was given notice to reduce my compost area by 66% and repair a shared /party Fence which my new joining plot holder agreed it was as a  shared fence and was sound and satisfactory  but the Sec put the problem in my court and give me three weeks to sort it out(in winter months)   the committee decided to inspect a week early and give me a eviction notice and thirteen days to clear the plot and return the entrance gate key, a case of bypassing the Eviction Committee Guide Line Rules
Sorry I didn't see the post vidcare, thanks for your PM.

If the council is your landlord than I'd be surprised if the committee has the authority to evict.  The council may possibly have delegated that authority, but I'm not absolutely sure that can - they can appoint managers to do the administration and maintenance for them, and they can lease out the whole site to an allotment association, but only the landlord can evict and I'm not convinced the committee has any standing, though I could be mistaken.

But in any case, if you've got your cultivation in hand then the committee can't evict.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 19:42:09 »
Hi Guys
what happened to day our Sec of our Allotments Physically assaulted me in-front of two witnesses  so i went to the police to report it  ouch to being a Allotment holder  :BangHead:

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 20:42:08 »
Sounds as though you've got them on the run, Vidcare!

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 12:54:06 »
But it's a disgrace this kind of thing keeps happening - for every allotmenteer who ships up here with a story of vindictive and oppressive site management I bet there's hundreds who suffer in silence, and for each one of them I bet there's hundreds who keep their heads down to avoid the attention of their site bullies.  There really doesn't seem to be any organisation these people can turn to for help because allotments just don't rank important enough, but to many of us our allotments are terribly important.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 15:06:12 »
Ouch i wished i had run, kidding aside I predicted this two years ago it would happen to some one and it happened to me( Speak out and your Crushed)  Its first class bullying in my case a 73 old OAP on the wrong end of it mind you i have had Victim support on the phone
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 15:11:12 by vidcare »

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 09:36:09 »
Good for you getting the police ,some people think they can do what they like a power rush to there head ,good luck Vidcare don't let them get away with these bully boy tactics you must be getting to them, when one of them got viollent!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 09:41:10 »
Make sure the two witnesss stay witnesss and don't get talked round. Lets see the council fob this one off.   :wave:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:43:10 by cornykev »
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 13:27:26 »
Make sure the two witnesss stay witnesss and don't get talked round. Lets see the council fob this one off.   :wave:
well there is a Funny Thing this big intimidating Sec has already spoke to one of my witness ask him what he saw !this is after the police had taken a statement from the Sec  :BangHead:

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 19:40:18 »
well there is a Funny Thing this big intimidating Sec has already spoke to one of my witness ask him what he saw !this is after the police had taken a statement from the Sec  :BangHead:
The Council FOB this one off ! what do you think ? I have tried to contact the Council Allotment Officer and all you get is a auto reply from your emails saying He is out of Office for a few days,, could be a policy to keep a Low key on the matter and see what Blows over
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 19:45:12 by vidcare »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 20:12:06 »
Put in a formal complaint about the creep. If that doesn't work, contact a local councillor with a copy of the letter.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 21:04:46 »
Put in a formal complaint about the creep. If that doesn't work, contact a local councillor with a copy of the letter.
I Dont think it will get me any further All i have been getting is Fob Off Fob Off I have been asking for justice since 31st Jan and the replies im getting  is (I am on a course next Mon /Tuesday and have back to back meetings until Friday. I can assure you however , that I will find time to look into this and respond no later than a week on Monday.(thats 1 Feb)(I have asked the committee to delay any action until the 25th February as I have been called for jury service and this is my expected day back.
I can assure you I will deal with this matter on my return. /(thats 9th Feb, 17th Feb I am served with an Eviction notice) now the 9th March and i have been on the end of a physical assault  and i am Still waiting for him to DEAL With the matter, Council Neglect and not noticing the sign's of the dangerous situation sort of,   wonder if it come under Criminal injuries compensation due to  Council Neglect and lack of urgency theres a thought ?
This Council Guy seems to think he is some sort of philosopher he puts the problem  down to a clash of personality's !!!would you believe it,Clash alright i find myself on my back hitting the concrete car park   
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 21:56:31 by vidcare »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 18:39:03 »
It's probably time to go you a councillor. If that doesn't work, try either your MP or the local press. Having been on the recieving end of an assault will put people on your side.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 19:09:26 »
The allotments are not council-managed, they are self-managed on a three-year lease.  The council certainly could intervene, but councils don't like to address injustice in their own services, so I think it very unlikely they'll want to get involved in something that isn't directly their affair.  It's the old problem of holding a committee to account - some of the site will side with the bullies, and the rest won't want to get involved.

Vidcare, is the association a member of a wider federation?  If they are you might possibly get some support there, though don't hold your breath, these can sometimes be managed by the same clique.

I think your redress is through the site association, but they may well fob you off unless you can find someone to advocate for you - a local council might, or someone from Citizens Advice.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 19:18:24 »
It's probably time to go you a councillor. If that doesn't work, try either your MP or the local press. Having been on the recieving end of an assault will put people on your side.
Right from the off 31st Jan i contacted my MP i just had a feeling things would go pear shape, I had a nice letter heading" House of Parliament" Reply From my MP stating she has asked the Head of leisure at the Council for a report, Guess She is still waiting knowing how fast our Council act's, I have also forward copy's of all my correspondence's  to the local Press as well as photo,s  so watch this space  :coffee2: 

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 19:29:10 »
The allotments are not council-managed, they are self-managed on a three-year lease.  The council certainly could intervene, but councils don't like to address injustice in their own services, so I think it very unlikely they'll want to get involved in something that isn't directly their affair.  It's the old problem of holding a committee to account - some of the site will side with the bullies, and the rest won't want to get involved.

Vidcare, is the association a member of a wider federation?  If they are you might possibly get some support there, though don't hold your breath, these can sometimes be managed by the same clique.

I think your redress is through the site association, but they may well fob you off unless you can find someone to advocate for you - a local council might, or someone from Citizens Advice.
Hi unwashed
think the only federation its a member of is the NAWG and our Sec is a Area Representative
http://www.newcastleallotments.co.uk/nawg.htm

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2013, 19:34:31 »
Does your MP not hold regular surgery's where you can go along and speak to them in person without all that letter writing/emailing.      :BangHead:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 19:51:48 »
Does your MP not hold regular surgery's where you can go along and speak to them in person without all that letter writing/emailing.      :BangHead:
Guess all MP's have regular surgery s will look into that cheers
unwashed:- the NAWG website has just added the last two links to Guidance re disciplinary action/Guidance re eviction

vidcare

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 18:38:45 »
Good for you getting the police ,some people think they can do what they like a power rush to there head ,good luck Vidcare don't let them get away with these bully boy tactics you must be getting to them, when one of them got viollent!

Received a letter from the committee today saying the committee have agreed to withdraw the notice of Eviction (unsigned), The Sec who assaulted  me has been arrested and is out on bail !many thanks to the Forum for advise and your time :icon_cheers: 

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 18:50:07 »
Well done vidcare, you stood up well.  Put it to bed now, and be generous in victory.  Peaceful gardening.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 21:42:30 »
Well done Vidcare. Good man.
Well done to everyone else that pitched in to help Vidcare too!

Full marks all round....

And as Unwashed (Top bloke) said, be generous in victory... and I'll add, but wear the smile of a winner. ;-)
Happy gardening.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal