Author Topic: Risk- Assessment  (Read 7664 times)

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Risk- Assessment
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 18:08:18 »
I can't let this thread go by without a rant about the PC brigade myself. There's a woman who's been coming down to the site for a while wanting an allotment. She's turned down all the vacant gardens we had ( all of which have subsequently been taken by others ). A couple of months ago she demanded that we let her have one of two gardens that were being given over to the association for disabled plots. I refused on the grounds that they were earmarked as the only ones we could provide for the disabled on ( next to the main gate). She responded by contacting the council to complain that we wouldn't give her an allotment. Now she has bought an allotment  and I told her that I couldn't give her a key for the main gates till the transfer had been approved by the committee ( as per our constitution ) so she's threatened me with the race discrimination board. Why? Because she has to abide by the same rules as everyone else? No, because she happens to be black ( like so many of our existing tenants ) so obviously any delay is racist. What she doesn't seem to understand is that the reason I'm not hurrying her application is because she's an obnoxious , litigious pain in the neck, not because she's black.
What really annoys me is that there are many people on our site who dislike black people because of incidents like this. I'm not one of them but I'm starting to see their point. You can't say 'no' to some people without being accused of racism/ homophobia / sexism or whatever which really gets my goat because as far as possible I'm totally even handed.

Rant over!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 19:57:54 »
She doesn't sound like your typical allotmenteer does she  ;D  Still if she gets a plot she'll soon start to chill and hang loose like the rest of us.  In her defence she might be under stress and need to rant and rave at someone but give her a plot and she'll mellow  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 08:44:52 »
Awcward, demanding, a pain in the neck - no, of course she doesn't sound in the least like yer average allotmenteer does she?  ;D Just ask your own secretary and he/she will probably say that sounds perfctly normal!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal