Author Topic: What some folks throw away and customer service  (Read 1356 times)

Nora42

• Acre
What some folks throw away and customer service
« on: February 25, 2013, 17:58:00 »
My partner found a stainless steel Neff oven on the grass verge near where we live a few weeks ago and bought it home as it looked in really good condition, my oven has been in the house since the 1980's and was a smokey stinky noisy old thing that cooked a Christmas cake in 1 hour and incinerated other foods unless you knew what you were doing it's a wonder I ever managed to feed anyone from it.

we have held off replacing it because our kitchen needs renovating and I didn't really know what type of oven to want.

Serendipity it fitted into the hole left by the other - and worked to a fashion but then the fan packed in, so we found a replacement and made an order also ordering the manual at the same time. A few days later we got an email saying the fan motor would be delayed as the manual was not in stock, it had shown it was on the website and so we argued that they ought to send the motor first and the manual at a later date. Reluctantly they agreed and the motor arrived and was fitted and now I have a new oven that works silently and very well.
the manual arrived today with another fan motor.

I rang to point out their mistake - they did not take my name or enquire what part I have two of and asked me to return it to them. I asked who would pay the postage on the fairly heavy box? She said I would have to pay, I don't think so. so I suggested they get the courier to pick it up - can't be done. So she then says well you have two for the price of one don't you - guess I do although I would rather have had one item for half the price  - this argument was lost on the person on the end of the phone.
No wonder this country is going to the dogs  :BangHead:
Nora
Norf London

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: What some folks throw away and customer service
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 21:55:12 »
Write them a letter explaining that they have mistakenly sent you two fan motors and that you are happy for them to arrange collection of the spare by, say 10 days' time after which you will consider they no longer want it and will feel free to sell it on E-bay.
Obxx - Vendée France

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 22:24:38 »
My Son gave me a a Neff hob, he was wireing a new one in for  a customer ,when he was finnished she asked him to dump the old one in the tipp ,so he brought it home for me as mine was on the blink ,a couple of yrs later I dropped a large pan on the hob and cracked it,I asked my insurance company how I stood ,as the model was no longer avalible they put £300 into my bank!they are expencive what a find Nora42 hope it go's for years  :happy7:

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 23:39:03 »
There are rules but I can't remember the timescale. So if you notify them and they don't collect within the time scale it is yours to do as you wish. As you only ordered one it's up to them to collect it, their mistake.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal