Author Topic: Koupes (Cheats Version)  (Read 1927 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Koupes (Cheats Version)
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:58:55 »
As Koupes can be fidly to construct a cheat version is a similar meal called a Tray Kibbeh,its Origin is Lebenese and is normally baked in large trays and served with Sour Yogurt......see online.

Ive simplified it to a small ceramic dish that when cooked can be served and eaten from same.

Preheat oven to 190 degrees

Wipe the Ceramic dish with melted butter then........

Fill the ceramic dish with a 1 cm layer of Bulgar Wheat mixture and dab it down with wetted fingers.

Next,put a layer of the meat mixture again around 1 cm depth.

Sprinkle some chopped fresh Parsley and Mint on the top as this lifts the flavour.

Fill the dish with another layer of Bulgar Wheat mixture and pad down with wet fingers.

Cut 1 inch Diagonal lines into a squared pattern as this allows heat to penetrate the dish and also allows for butter and or beef stock to be drizzled through the mixture keeping it moist.

this is optional but experience by trial and error I found some melted butter seaped through the layers adds extra flavour.

You can use stock flavouring of your choosing but I use 1 tbsp of this to 1/2 pint of boiling water,of course you can concentrate the flavour or weaken it as you see fit.

Once oven temp is reached,place Ceramic dish into centre of oven.........again in my fan oven I cook it for 45 mins to an hour.

Every 15 mins I drizzle a small amount of stock through the checkered top as this allows the meal to stay moist.

When you take the dish out the surface should be crisp with a softer centre when prodded with a knife.

I eat these straight from the Ceramic dish with a drop more stock poured over,although as mentioned by tradition,sour yogurt is served with it.....your choice..!!!!!!!!!!again you can prepare this in a larger ceramic dish and divide it to feed more mouths but I just serve it so  !!!!!!!!!

Nice Lunchtime snack  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Gazza

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
Re: Koupes (Cheats Version)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:27 »
This looks to be an easier version, I'll opt for giving this a go. Looks just as good as the original.

Anne

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal